Wanderer (Little!Ghostbur, No Distinct CG)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!!warning for some mentions of death n cryin :(!!

Setting: DreamSMP
Summary: It's common knowledge that Ghostbur is an age regressor, and many a person have taken a crack at taking care of him as he wanders.

thought this idea was so so cute!! just everyone pitching in to take care of Ghostbur as he goes about being cute with Friend

like even dream genuinely likes him and tries to take care of him the best he can (even though his character's pretty bad with kids lol)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Even since before his death, Wilbur had been a social little. He loved nothing more than having as many friends as possible, taking turns cuddling with each of them and doing anything his heart pleased, whether it was playing games or just napping. And since he died, those habits did not change.

"'M gonna go see Toms!" Ghostbur exclaimed, small bag slung over his shoulder and paci hanging from its lanyard around him neck. Techno pulled his beanie down a bit further so it sit snug on the ghost's head.

"Be safe, poppet," the caregiver told him, kissing his forehead.

"I will, Techie!" Ghostbur waved to him wildly before going on his merry way, bouncy footsteps making no crunch in the snow beneath him.

The snow soon turned to grass, which turned to the blackstone of the nether path. He didn't mind the piglins that stared after him, nor the ghast that shot a fireball at him. Instead, Ghostbur just continued on his route, eventually landing at the entrance of Logsdenshire, the campsite he and Tommy had built.

"Tommy! Toooommy!" Ghostbur called, "Where's you?"

"I'm right here, Wil," Tommy laughed and poked his older brother's side, "how old are you today?"

"'M dis many!" The ghost held up five fingers, and Tommy smiled.

"You're such a big kid today, huh Wil?" The blond ruffled his hair, Ghostbur giggling sweetly and faking batting away his hand. Tommy's stomach grumbled, and the brunet giggled again. "I guess I should eat something...wanna split an apple with me, bud?"

"Appa'!" Ghostbur gasped happily, and Tommy took that as a yes.

They sat on the beach together, the blond carving out apple slices one-by-one and eating them, occasionally handing one to the little when he made grabby hands. When they finished it, Tommy made the ghost wipe the sticky apple juices from his hands and brushed sand from his pants.

"I have to get back to the mines," Tommy sighed hesitantly, a idea hitting him and this time, he sighed in relief - he really did not want to take little Ghostbur into a mine. "Why don't you go see Niki? She should be in her bakery right now."

"Do you fink she gots cookies?" the brunet asked with a tilt of the head, grinning when Tommy nodded. "Otay! Bye bye, Toms!"

"Bye Wil, say hello for me," the caregiver said a bit sadly, then shaking his head and patting Ghostbur's back before setting off for his mine. The little paused, but then shrugged and began his walk to L'Manburg. Again, he ignored all of his surroundings in the nether, although he paused to say hello to Dream when he passed.

"Hey, Wilbur," the masked man greeted back, "is Tommy in Logsdenshire still?"

"He in da mine, I fink," Ghostbur told him innocently, chewing on his paci and muffling his words. Still, Dream understood.

"Thanks, ghostie," the blond gave a seemingly warm smile, tinged by something the little didn't see. He only knew that the nickname gave him butterflies in his stomach and warm fuzzies in his head.

"You's we'come," Ghostbur replied shyly, aging down a bit from the warmth the other radiated.

With a last smile and a shoulder squeeze, Dream walked off, leaving the boy to squeak quietly in happiness. Ghostbur went a bit faster to reach Niki's bakery, but when he poked his head into the building, the lights were all off and it seemed empty.

"Mama?" He called, jumping when he heard what he thought was a creak behind him. "Maaaama? Where's you!"

Being alone in the dark combined with his shrinking headspace made tears dribble from Ghostbur's eyes, sizzling on his skin and only making him cry harder. He torn through his bag until he found Friend, his favorite stuffie, and held the sheep close to his chest as he rocked himself for comfort. The bell of the door rang, and Ghostbur looked up to see a shaded figure and whimpered. The lights then flicked on, and he could now see it was an increasingly concerned Niki.

"Wil? Schatzi, are you doing on the floor?" she asks kindly, picking him up with relative ease and bouncing him on her hip.

"Cou'n' fin' you, Mama," Ghostbur cries, leaning his head on her shoulder. "Go' scawed."

"Aw, it's alright Wil," Niki soothed and kissed the side of his head, bringing him to the flat above her shop and laying him on the bed. "Mama's right here, I promise. Do you wanna cuddle, schatzi?"

"Yes, p'ease," Ghostbur whimpers softly. He curls up against Niki and nuzzling into her neck, eyes fluttering. "Ni ni, Mama."

The caregiver smoothed back his hair, smiling at his softened face and glossy, sleepy eyes; "Goodnight, mein schatzi."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
btw: schatzi is German for "little treasure" and is a common term of endearment for children :] cute, right?

cant wait for next chapter!! it's got little techno and dadza!!

(907 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>