Not a Bit (Little!Charlie, CG!Wilbur)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Setting: IRL
Summary: While recording for a Tommy video, Charlie slips, and Wilbur doesn't realize that it's not a bit.

idk, thought it'd be cute. wilbur is clueless lol
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
It should've been simple enough; hold off his urge to slip long enough to record, then go lay in bed with his stuffies and sleep. That's all he had to do, and yet something in Wilbur's voice was making it hard to hold off the growing haze clouding Charlie's mind. Of course, the Brit had no clue; he thought it was just a bit for the video, and so he played into the childishness that Charlie seemed to be showing.

"C'mon Charlie, I have something to show you. You won't bee-lieve it," Wilbur joked, morphing to a bee to punctuate his joke. The blond giggled, chasing after Wil-Bee and calling after him in a soft, slurred tone.

"'M gonna get 'chu, Wilby!" Charlie laughed, fingers clumsily pressing buttons as he tried to keep his character moving. Eventually they slipped and he stopped entirely, now whining. "Aww, das no faiw!"

Wilbur rose an eyebrow curiously and tilted his head. He'd thought that this was a joke - a bit for the video, you know? - but as it progressed...he wasn't so sure. Charlie seemed genuinely upset about the fact that he'd messed up his movements, to the point where it didn't feel like a joke anymore.

"Uh, Charlie? You alright?" Wilbur asked cautiously, getting a bright 'mhm!' from Charlie. "Are you sure?"

"Yea, 'm otay," the little hummed, kicking his feet slightly. "Jus' feelin' smowl."

"You feel...small?" Wilbur asked, this time confused. "Is- is that a bad thing?"

"Nope! Feelin' fuzzy 'n nice 'n smowl," Charlie bubbled, then covering a yawn with a sweater paw. "Bu' I am kin'a s'eepy."

"Oh yeah, it's like 10 at night for you," Wilbur blinked, smiling a bit when Charlie blinked back. They went back and forth like this for a minute or two, eliciting giggles from the two males. "I'm sure the recording can wait if you want to go take a kip."

"Mm..otay," Charlie agreed as he rubbed his eyes lightly, waving to Wilbur with his other hand. "Ni ni, Wilby."

"Night, Charlie," the Brit smiled, waving too before disconnecting their call and messaging Tommy to tell him they'd need to finish recording later.

The next recording period did come, and Charlie was more than happy to explain his coping mechanism to Wilbur - off camera, of course - and Wilbur was just as happy to take care of him. It may've been an awkward start, but the relationship was good, for the both of them.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
bbys :]

although i loved this chapter, i cant wait for the next chapter cuz it's got little phil, which we all need in our lives

(474 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>