72

Nathaniel has been back in New York for two days now

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Nathaniel has been back in New York for two days now. I don't hear much from him because the mission he is on takes up the whole day. He texted me that he has been at the location for over twenty-four hours and almost nothing happened yet.

I usually wanted to fly with him in case our baby decides to arrive before her due date. Nathaniel convinced me to stay here and enjoy the time with my family. If she is on her way he would be there as soon as he catches the first flight. And I know he would.

I am just really getting paranoid about this and the more I think about him not being there when I give birth the more I am starting to freak out.

So mom agreed to take me shopping today. She asked me to come to her art gallery before she closes up for the day before we head out. The gallery is like mom's fourth child. She opened it fourteen years ago and is very successful with it.
Everyone in Chicago knows about her art pieces.

Billionaires, CEO's of Chicago, the mayor and many other public places like the city bank have pieces of her art hanging in their offices or entry ways. I couldn't be more proud of her. After all this woman has been through she was able to finally settle down and find the happiness she deserves.

I got ready for the day, put on some clothes and applied light make up and fix my hair before I decide to walk to mom's gallery. It would take me a little over half an hour by feet but I like walking there.

It's pretty today. Not too hot and not too cold. I just sent another text to Nathaniel and waited for his reply. He immediately answered and told me that some people are gathering up which means that it can't take any longer anymore. Nate told me he hasn't been in a mission concerning drugs in over one and a half decades. He says he hates them and due to his position at the FBI he could choose the missions except when he was the only one that was left to help.

I miss him. God, I do. It's an unfamiliar feeling to both of us that we aren't close to each other. And even though he would have to work we would at least see each other at night in bed. I craved his warmth. His scent that made me feel at home.

I put my phone into my pants pocket as I turn into an alley where usually not many people are when someone grabs my bag that I have draped over my shoulder. I turned around and saw a man. I think he was a little older than I am but not over twenty-five.

I'm not usually the type of person who makes assumptions about people from the way they look but I think he is homeless. Considering his dark hair that goes down until past his shoulders and the clothes he wears he looks like he doesn't have much money.

And I would give some to him. But not if he tries to rob me. So I pull at the bag, trying everything to be stronger than he is.

I see panic in his eyes. As if he doesn't want to do this but doesn't have another choice. He reeks like marijuana and other things and there's nothing in his eyes to see but his black pupils and bloodshot eyes.

The man yanks back, trying everything to get the bag. "Let go, you bitch! You don't understand!" He shouts at me. And then I realize in what situation I am. I am being robbed in an alley. I could be in serious danger so when he tries to take the bag again I start to scream.

"Help! Someone help me!" I feel so fucking helpless. Normally I would use some of my selfe defense knowledge or the things I learned at the FBI but my bump was in the way for anything. "I have to do this!" He tells me

I shouted again what made the man snap. He grabbed me by the jacket I was wearing and yanked me against the wall of a brick built house. The impact immediately made me fall to the hard floor while the only thing I feel is some sharp pain all over my body.

Looking up as soon as my blurred vision starts to fade, I see the man running away with my bag in his hand.

I could cry right now but the only thing I think about is to get up and drive to the hospital or see my mom. So I slowly get up and wince at the pain that shoots through the entire right side of my body.

I only have about ten to fiveteen minutes left to her gallery but I think it will take me longer than normal to arrive there.

Mom was standing behind an easel, working on a new painting before she tops as she sees me. The smile on her face immediately disappeared as soon as she saw my expression.

Mom shot out of the chair she was sitting on and was by my side in a second. "What happened?" She asks me, face full of worry. "I was robbed. Some homeless guy stole my bag,"

"I will drive you to the hospital to get the two of you checked up. Just give me five minutes to close up here," she told me so I used the time to go to the toilet before I get in the car.

When I was finished I wiped myself and looked down at the toilet paper, my breath getting caught in my lungs. My breathing becomes shallow and my whole body starts trembling.

Panic takes over as tears well in my eyes. "Mom?" I shout, my voice cracking violently at my attempt to scream past the lump in my throat. "Mom!" I shout, louder this time. "Mom, I'm bleeding!"

____________

I don't know what to put here....

Love you