28

This morning was a shock

This morning was a shock. It really was. But I can't blame him. He may have hurt me and he may have scared me but I touched him. I touched his back even tho he asked me not to and not to ask about it.

I don't know what happened but I know that it is not good. I saw pure panic in his eyes before he realized who I was. It looked like he thought he would have to fight for his life.

I saw that he was hurt and disappointed when he realized he was choking me- hurting me, he looked like he was scared of himself. Of what he did.

Seeing him like this hurt me more than what happened seconds before and I would have done anything to make him feel better.

We arrived at work an hour later. My marks have faded a little bit but there are still outlines of his fingers noticeable. I decided to just wear my hair down so no one could see.

Amber immediately shot me a look as she noticed me coming in late. I am never late. So she walks over to me and grabs my arm to pull me in a corner where no one could hear us. "Why are you late. Are you okay?" Her concerned voice makes me smile so stupidly.

I was just about to respond when the door was pushed open again and a very hot Nathaniel walked into the room. Amber's mouth opened as she turned back to me. "Do not tell me that it's not a coincidence that you both are one hour late and show up at the same exact time."

I haven't told Amber about me and Nathaniel yet. But after now I don't think I can deny it anymore. "We got a little distracted this morning." I tell her. She wouldn't have known that he was at my place because she always is at her boyfriends apartment.

She moves her eyes over me when they stay on one particular spot that makes her eyes go wide. She takes my hair in her hand and pushes is behind my shoulders, inspecting my marks.

I see Nathaniel watching us from the corner of my eye and as I fully look over to him, I see that expression he wore that morning. Guilt.

I took my hair again and placed it on their old position as I was about to go away from my best friend. Thought wrong. She held me by the wrist and pulled me back again. "What happened there, Nevaeh?"

"I told you we got distracted this morning, Am. It's no big deal." "Nevaeh this looks like he was trying to kill you. If that is what you are into during sex I am seriously worried about you." I get that. I have no idea how I would have reacted if I would have seen Amber with a throat like this.

But I feel like I would betray him if I would tell her about this. I would have to tell her everything for it to make any sense. Fom the scars on his back to him not wanting to talk about it to what happened today because I touched him. I couldn't do it.

So instead I grab her shoulders and smile at her. "I am fine, Amber. I promise." She looks at me with disbelief but knows that I won't tell her more. "I swear to god, Nevaeh. If I see those marks on you again I will call the police on him. FBI boss or not. As soon as I think you are in danger I will not hesitate to do something against it, alright?"

"Alright. But I assure you that it is nothing." My best friend goes away from me and went on the treadmill while I went over to the weight lifting area where also Tobias with another guy was standing.

I got my weights and started lifting them when I noticed them looking over to me the whole time. I just turned my head from my laying position on the bench and smiled at him. "You have something to tell me, Collins?" Tobias gave his friend a side look and thought about an answer.

"Not really." He says, shrugging his shoulders. I still heard them over the soft music playing in the background. "You think that Parker will borrow her to us sometimes?" Tobias asks his friend as he starts lifting his own weights.

"Nah man. You could try if you have a death wish. I'm sure this man is hella possessive over his chicks." Either they want me to hear or they are too stupid to talk quietly. I see Nathaniel from the corner of my eyes, knowing he hears them too and that he is mad.

"It's a shame the coach is dating her now. I would've loved to test that theory of Carter fucking like a literal porn star." Alright. That's it.

I put my weights back on the holder and get up from the bench as I walk over to them. "You know what theory I would like to test, Collins?" I ask him as he finally gives me his whole attention.

"No but I'm sure you'll tell me any second." He answers. "I'd like to know if your nose would be any prettier if it would look a little crooked..." Tobias looks at me confused and just as he was about to ask me what I meant I threw my fist in his face, hearig a crack as my fist collided with his nose.

Tobias's shriek got the attention of all the others to us, the whole studio becoming quiet except for Collin's groans and curses while his friend cracked up next to him. Tobias looks up as he sees Nathaniel approaching as he stops next to me.

"Get your fucking woman under control, man." Nathaniel crosses his arms in front of his chest and looks down at him. "You better shut the fuck up before I make sure that not even the best surgeon can safe your nose." He warns him in a growl before he turns around to the others watching the scene.

"Did I tell you to stop?" He asks them and in a matter of seconds everyone is occupied again. Nathaniel leans down to Tobias who is sitting on a bench and wipes the blood off his nose. Nate pats his back a few times before he crouches down in front of him and smiles at him in a fake way.

"Damn man, that nose looks nasty. Go put some ice on it. I'm sure next time you will think twice about the things you say. We don't want you to be hurt again, do we?" He leans even closer to his ear, his hand still on his back.

"Now apologize to my woman and then get the fuck out of here. Are we clear?"

___________

My woman😩🦋

What do we think?

I love you!!