15

I got ripped out of my sleep from a phone ringing

I got ripped out of my sleep from a phone ringing. My head is laying on Caleb's chest as we lay in his bed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." "It's okay." I assure him as a little yawn escapes me.

Caleb finally finds the phone and looks at the screen. "Sorry, I have to take this one." He doesn't get up. He stays like this as he answers the phone and continues his caress on my arm. "Hey, Paige." He had to pick up a phone call at....

I look around the dark bedroom until I find a clock. At past three in the morning? "What?" He asks. "What do you mean he blacked out?" He asks the prrson on the phone again.

A heavy sigh escapes him after some silence. "Yes. Yes, I'll come. Keep an eye on him. I'll be there in twenty minutes." With that, he hangs up the phone and kisses my head.

"What is it?" "That was a good friend of Nate and me. She owns a bar and apparently my brother got very much drunk there. I have to go pick him up. I'm so sorry, Nev I can drop you off at home before if you want to."

It shouldn't worry me so much that Nathaniel blacked out from drinking too much. "No. I'll come with you. I can help you." He gives me another kiss before he gets up and hands me some clothes from him.

The drove to the bar is mostly quiet. My eyes also fell shut a few times because of my tiredness. "Hey. We're here." The bar doesn't look big from the outside. I know this street but I would have never noticed a bar here before.

We get inside it and I was expecting everything to be bery loud in there. But it wasn't. It wasn't packed full in there, wasn't too loud. And we had a direct view to the bar where a black haired woman sits next to a man.

It's Parker. Obviously. I would recognize those broad shoulders everywhere. His head is in his arm positioned on the surface of the bar. Caleb takes my hand and walks me over to the bar where he comes to a stop in front of his brother.

"How much did he have?" He asks the woman. "Too much. I told him he wouldn't get more. But something is going on, Caleb. He just wouldn't tell me and he wouldn't give me the bottle anymore. I- I didn't know what to do except to call you."

I can hear the panick and worry in her voice. "It's okay, Paige." Caleb assures his friend and then tries to talk to his brother. "Nate. What is going on?" He asks him.

It takes some time for him to respond. Well, actually he doesn't respond. He just moves his right arm behind him and pats his back before letting it fall. "Oh, man. Come on, Nate. Let's get you out of here."

Caleb helped his brother get up from his barstool as he was about to get him out of here. "Caleb?" Paige interrupts. "I'm not quite following. Could you please.. tell me?"

She asks for an explanation. And I see how Caleb wants to give it to her. So he looks to me and I also know what he wants right now. "I can take him outside. It's okay."

"Thank you, Nev." Caleb puts Nathaniel's arm around my shoulders and helps me get him outside. As soon as we are out of the building, Caleb is back inside, leaving me with the drunk.

He is so heavy, that just as he made a little move, he has me trapped against the wall of the building. I'm caged in his arms as he tries to hold his balance by leaning both of his hands against the wall.

"You fucked my brother again?" He asks in a low voice. "You told me to do so. You told me to finish it with him."

"I'm sorry." What? Did I just hear something wrong?
"What?" "I'm sorry for being such a dick to you tonight. You don't deserve that." Wow. That man isn't as much of an asshole when he's drunk. "Apology kind of accepted." I whisper back.

We were in such a moment were we both just looked into each other's eyes that we almost didn't notice that one guy walking past us and catcalling me.

That causes Nathaniel to break out of his nice shell and almost explode. "What did you just say?! Come back here!" Even tho he is drunk that man has some speed.

He gets away from the wall and is about to come after the man. I run after him and stop as soon as I am standing fully in front of him. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey, look at me."

I shouldn't do what I do. I should be mad at him. I should let the guy punch Parker so hard he has to be sober again. But instsad I grab his face with both of my hands and make him look down at me.

I wipe some occasional tears from his face as we hold eye contact. "You have to calm down, Nathaniel. Right now. Okay? Please?"

I would have never thought I would see this man so weak. Ever. But he still tries to look strong. He still tries to be intimidating but right now I want to do nothing but hug him.

So I do. I pull him down, wrap my arms around his neck and hold him. Tight. And even tho it takes him some time to process what I am doing, he eventually hugs me back. Tight.

My shirt is soaked in a matter of seconds as he grabs onto me for dear life. He doesn't let me go until Caleb comes back and helps me get him into the passenger seat.

It would be too dangerous for him to throw up in the backseat so I took it. And now I am watching both Parker brothers. As we all drive to Caleb's apartment.

____________

What is going ooonnnnn