56

He looked like he was about to do something he shouldn't do

He looked like he was about to do something he shouldn't do. He constantly looked between me and his sleeping brother, his fists balled on both his sides and his breathing was loud. I saw his chest moving up and down furiously as he flared his nostrils. Nathaniel was still wearing the clothes he wore to go for a run.

My boyfriend pointed his finger at me as he talked. "Get your ass here right now," he demanded. He sounded like a father talking to his daughter. I wasn't okay with that so I didn't move an inch. "I'm staying here. I won't even get near you at the moment."

That made him just angrier. "I will carry you out if I have to, Vaeh." Still not moving. "You left even tho I told you not to and didn't talk. Why should I do what you say?" I meant it. God, I was so fucking angry and hurt.

"Get the fuck over here before I lose my fucking mind, Nevaeh!" He shouted so loud, I am sure Caleb's neighbors two floors above him hear him. That tone of him made me flinch what caused Caleb to wake up. "What are you doing here?" He asks his brother.

"What am I doing here? Well I was looking everywhere for my fucking pregnant girlfriend because I didn't know where she was or if something happened to her because she has her fucking phone turned off!" He seriously had the audacity to blame this on me? Oh no. I suddenly got up from the sofa and pointed my finger back at him.

"If you wouldn't have left like you did we wouldn't fight right now! You ran as soon as I talked about things concerning you! Concerning our kid!" He moved his hand through his hair as he took a deep breath before he scoffed. "How does this concern the baby?"

He's unbelievable. "You can't be serious right now, Nathaniel. Go home, go be mad about what I asked you and just leave me alone. I am not leaving with you." That was the last thing I was about to say before I headed off to Caleb's bedroom. I wasn't going anywhere with that man tonight.

Well. I thought wrong. Because as I took my first few steps, I saw Nathaniel approaching me, picking me up with a hint of gentleness to not hurt me or the baby. I'm sure it did look rough though what caused Caleb to react. "Hey! Hey, hey, hey, be careful, man. What the fuck?" He yells at his brother.

"You stay out of this! You could have told me she was at your place! I was worried sick about her!" Nate shoots back. With that, he gets my stuff I brought from the sofa and slammed the apartment door shut as soon as he was out of it. "Put me down." I demanded

"You shut up, you hear me? Right now, Carter." He wouldn't let me down. "You're hurting me." He didn't. But I felt like I was going to throw up if he would have kept me in this position with my head down any longer. He let me down immediately but grabbed my hand to hold me.

So we walked out of the building and straight to his car. He didn't bother to get into the parking spot properly as he arrived because almost half of the car was still standing on the street. He really must've been worried. Or pissed.

Nathaniel slammed the driver's side door shut and started it before he got his seatbelt on. "Put your seatbelt on." I told him.

"I told you to shut up, didn't I?" He shoots back. God, he just couldn't stop. "And I told you to stop telling me what to do! I am your partner, Nathaniel! Not your fucking kid! Now put your fucking seatbelt on because I do not want you to cause an accident and I don't want you to land in a hospital or even in a coffin!" So he did. He put his safety belt on and continued driving in silence. I looked out of the window the whole time, waiting for him to apologize.

But he didn't apologize. No. He started talking with something I wasn't sure if I heard him right. "Did you fuck him?" Everything stilled.

At first the only thing I could do was to make sure I heard him right. "What?" I ask him. "You heard me. Did you fuck my brother again tonight?" I couldn't stop the tears once again. I couldn't look at him. I only looked  forward. "Stop the car." I suddenly said.

He didn't. He didn't stop the car while I felt like I was about to throw up. Not because of the baby but because of the thing he just asked me. "Stop the fucking car, Nathaniel!" I shouted. I shouted so loud he finally did what I told him to. He pulled up on the right side of the street, turned off the engine of his car and only looked forward as he leaned over to my side and opened my door.

I felt like he just stabbed me. I had a big deja vu. He did the same thing at the gala. He did the same thing, opened the door after he fingered me and told me to leave by opening the door for me. That was all before I fell in love with him. But right now it felt like we are nothing like the two people that couldn't stand each other at the night of the gala.

The tears just flowed and flowed to a point where trying to wipe them away was senseless. I got out of the car but turned around, ducked a little to look at him into the car.

"You know... I know you are an asshole. And I know you have some serious issues. And god, yes I knew all that and still started a relationship with you. I don't know what happened to you and I don't think I will ever find out. But the audacity to ask me if I cheated on you? That is just low, Nathaniel. Even for you." He didn't say anything. He didn't even look at me. "I am in love with you. I chose you. I am carrying your baby! So don't you dare to ever ask me this question again."

________

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Love you!