70

I went back to the hotel room at about midnight

I went back to the hotel room at about midnight. Alone because I couldn't find Nathaniel and he didn't pick up the phone. I didn't wait for him to show up so I could tell him that I would leave because he knew that I would head back soon so he wouldn't have to worry.

The thing is that he promised me he would be back soon too. But he didn't show up. I waited an hour for him to show up but when the time hit one in the morning I gave up and went to sleep when I got woken up by a beep from the sensor on the door, telling me that he is here.

I turn on the light on my side of the bed and watch how he turns on the big light, stumbling inside the room. His hair is a mess, his tie is loosened and his jacked it in his hands before he lets it fall to the ground to take his shoes off. He fails miserably at that.

"Where were you?" I ask him, getting out of the bed and walking over to him with my arms crossed over my chest. Nathaniel looks up to me as he gets up again on shaky legs, walking closer to me. "Hello, pretty lady," he says.

"Where were you, Nathaniel?" I ask him again. The man grabs my hips, going down for a kiss but I turn back because he smells like he bathed in a whiskey bottle. "I just grabbed a few drinks with your father," he told me.

I look over to the clock hanging on the wall and see that it's four in the morning. "You're drunk." "Only a little. Ryan and I just had a great conversation so I couldn't leave just like that,"

"I waited for you," I say again, taking a step back away from him. "Well I didn't ask you to wait for me, did I?" Nathaniel asks me as he removes his tie and starts opening his dress shirt. "No, you didn't but I was worried so I tried to wait for you,"

Nathaniel lets out a little laugh as he finally gets out of his dress shirt before he tries to get his shoes off a second time. "I am thirty-four fucking years old, Vaeh. I think I am the last person you have to worry about."

"Well, I am sorry that I still did," I say, sitting back on the bed. "Are you done acting like a kid now?" He asks. "What are uou talking about?" "You know what I mean, Nevaeh."

Releasing a scoff, I get up from the bed, taking my shoes and heading to the door where he catches my wrist. "Where do you think you are going?"

"To my parents." His hold on me gets firmer and firmer but not to a point where it hurts. He wouldn't do that. "No you're not. It's way too late."

Turning around, I look at him. The man looks exhausted. Sad even. But I am too mad to ask him what is going on because I know that he won't tell me. "Then you are sleeping on the sofa tonight. I will not share a bed with you," I say through gritted teeth, getting out of his grip as I get beneath the blankets of the bed, turned away from him.

"Good. I don't have the energy to keep up with that bullshit right now," he says behind me. The sofa is in the same room as the bed is but I still just want him to stay away. "Fine," I say before turning off the lights and try to fall asleep again.

__________

I am woken up again. This time from feeling the bed dip behind me and then, shortly after that, I feel his chest press against my back as his arm goes around me to rest on my belly.

"I am sorry. I'm an asshole. Sleep with me?" He asks as he nudges his face in my neck, placing a little kiss there. I know I shouldn't give in but staying mad at this man is really hard. So I cuddle myself into his side and let his arm come beneath my head for me to lay it on top.

"Are you okay?" I ask him quietly, remembering the look on his face when I saw him return. "I am. Thank you for asking."

The man places another kiss on the crown of my head as he draws little circles on my stomach, using his thumb. Sleep takes over immediately. Sleeping is never a problem as long as I am in his arms. I even hated the little distance of him laying on the sofa and me in bed. I just need him.

__________

Pretty short part but never mind hehhee

What do you think?

Love you!