68

I calmed down the second Ryan started a conversation with me as soon as Vaeh and I arrived at the location

I calmed down the second Ryan started a conversation with me as soon as Vaeh and I arrived at the location. I don't know why meeting the rest of her family is driving me insane. I met her parents.

I like her parents and I think they find me pretty decent too so why am I nervous? I take a quick look over to my girlfriend, watching her mother swoon ober how beautiful she looks in her dress. My god, Kiara I can only agree with you. She's a goddess. She's glowing.

I also notice a few other people coming closer to us. They are three people actually. The woman was wearing a white, pretty dress what makes me assume that this is Marie, the bride- Vaeh's cousin. She has her arm wrapped around an older man, seeming like he's in his early seventies. He's tall and has a pretty good build for his age. I have no idea who the blonde guy to Marie's left is though.

"Hey, you three," Ryan says to the ones coming to a stop in front of us. Jax, Nevaeh and Kiara's come closer to us to greet the others. Marie immediately starts squealing and jumping up and down as she looks to Nevaeh. My girlfriend does the exact same thing and lunges herself on the woman, hugging her.

"It's so good to see you, Nevaeh. You look beautiful." "So do you," she tells her before they separate. Marie goes to say hi to the other and then to me and as I am hugging her, I see how the man that came with them goes to hug Nevaeh. Staying in the hugging position longer than fucking necessary in my opinion.

I even introduced myself to her grandfather and the guy still has his hands on her. I walk over to them and wrap my arm around her waist to pull her close to me, giving the man a forced smile. Holy fuck. Jealousy doesn't fucking suit you, Parker.

"Nathaniel Parker," I say, extending my hand to shake his. He takes it hesitantly, eyeing me all over. "Samuel Carter. Marie's brother,"

Ah. Nevaeh's cousin. I don't know what it is but that man gives me some weird vibe. He was just about to say something when the wedding planner I suppose started gathering all the guests together to start with the ceremony. Samuel clears his throat as he smiles at Nevaeh. "I'll see you later then," he says and disappears into the crowd, taking a seat in the front row.

Nevaeh and I walk with the rest of her family, all of us taking a seat in the second row, waiting for everything to start. The groom whose name is Matthew is standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for the music to start.

And not long after that, we hear the piano playing, making all of us stand up, knowing that Marie will be coming down the aisle any minute now. Marie was walking down the aisle, already tearing up as she held onto the man she walked with.

And for some strange reason, he was awfully familiar. He has a tall build, blond hair that starts graying in some certain areas and a beard coats his face. I lean down to Nevaeh to whisper in her ear. "Is that Marie and Samuel's father?" I ask her.

She nods her head, looking up to me. "That's uncle John." Confusion rises in me at the name. "Just John? That's his whole name?" I ask her.

Nevaeh looks up at me me, looking confused. "John Carter. He took my aunts last name when they got married. Why are you asking?"

I just shrug my shoulders, clenching my jaw, watching the man let go of his daughter. He watches her walk up to her soon-to-be-husband and then walks over to take a seat next to Nevaeh's aunt.

The ceremony didn't take too long, and about an hour later we all were at the reception, drinking champagne except for Nevaeh who sticks to orange juice.

She has her arms wrapped around me all the time, keeping me close to her. There was also Amber at the wedding so she stood at our table the whole time, talking to either Jaxon or Nevaeh.

And I would lie if I would say I enjoy the day so far. I would rather just go home with my woman and make her feel good for the rest of the evening in our bed than stay here any longer.

And I still had the same thing in mind while we all ate, listened to the guests speeches for the two. Her dad was the last one to come up and talk.

His face was red from either the alcohol or the warmth or just the two things in combination when he started talking. "Is this thing on?" He asks as he taps the microphone a few times, making the audience laugh.

"I guess that's a yes, then," he says and clears his throat. "I would like to say that I have always liked the idea of my daughter being together with Matthew. But that would be a lie. I was really fucking scared for my baby to be in a relationship for the first time. For her to have another man she loves in her life than me. I think that every father knows the scary feeling of letting their kids go. But after years of them being together, Matthew became a second son to me. I am happy that you make my daughter happy, mate. Marie, baby. I love you."

With that, he leaves the stage. My jaw is clenched to a point where it starts to hurt and I am positive that there might he a possibility of something snapping in it if I would increase the pressure.

Marie and her husband start dancing what causes Nevaeh to grab my arm, telling me she wants to dance with me.

____________

What do you think?

Love you!