Insert 50

The last couple of days have been super busy,my family members from both sides are here. The Rosso family flew in yesterday and the Nododile family came about 4 days back. Rea and Buhle arrived a few days ago also. Things have been much easier with them around.
So Rea and my brother are finally a thing! Can you imagine? I can't stop screaming. Today it's the negotiations,the ladies are already outside at the back cooking away,I know they are mostly here for gossip but I appreciate them working for it.

I just finished bathing and Rea is applying light makeup on me. When she is done I put on my brown Shweshwe skirt and a matching top that has a bit of white. The skirt doesn't flow a lot and covers my knees. I wrap a Tswana shawl with tassels on and finish the look by wrapping a black doek,Xhosa style. I wear my white Converse boot sneakers. Buhle walks in as I tie my shoelaces.
"Muzi says they are on their way" she says to me.
My nerves rise to the occasion gladly so.
"Ah! Ah! Zee stop shaking like that hle mosadi" Rea says while wrapping a doek on her head.
They are also dressed in Shweshwe and I must say they look beautiful. I smile at Rea.
"Look at how beautiful you two are,these guys better hurry up and cuff your asses before they lose y'all " I say to them.
"AMEN SISTER!" They both say simultaneously and we laugh.
I'm not supposed to go outside until the negotiations are done so I remain in my room as Buhle and Rea go out to do some chores and listen to the ladies gossip. Nolu gets in as I look through an old family album.
"Awusemhle ingathi awuthathwa lixhegu" she says sitting on the chair facing me.
That's the closest thing to a compliment I will ever get from her so I just smile.
"I'm sorry for taking your dad away from you" I say to her.
She looks taken aback and keeps quiet for a while.
"I'm glad umfumene owakho" she says coldly.
I nod my head at that and fetch my Samsung S9 from my cupboard together with a charger and earpods.
"Since you use ipopotwane I thought you might like this since i no longer use it" I say handing it to her.
She looks surprised but then takes it. She can do whatever she wants with it but at least i know that i did good,some good in this world.
"Why?" She asks.
"Because you are my sister" I say to her and she laughs out loud.
"Zenande Why?" She asks again.
This time it's my turn to laugh.
"Thank you for not drinking today" I say honestly at her.
She nods and stands up taking the phone with her.
"Who told you that I won't?" She asks laughing and then walks out.
I shake my head at that and wonder where Mahle is,she has also forgotten about me.

I hear people ululating and since my room is at the back I can't see anything. I frown at that and sit back on my bed. Mahle walks in.
"Nande uRea uthi ndikuphe" she says handing me my phone and I jump hugging her causing her to laugh as I kiss her face.
"Ndiyabulela nana" I thank her and she happily skips off.
My mom confiscated my phone last night and told me I would get it tomorrow,I guess Rea managed to steal it back from her. I go on to Whatsapp and Rea has sent me a text.
"They are here" together with a picture of Zano's 4 uncles,Siphephelo,Muzi and Jabu standing at the gate.
They all look dapper in suits and I smile.
"What's happening now?" I ask and she tells me that my uncles have fined them R500 for being late.
Knowing my uncles they are gonna make sure that they drain them out,that's why I'm so nervous about this. I text Zano and he doesn't answer. I put my phone on the bed and pray that everything goes well.

After sitting all alone for 3 hours mama walks in with Rea,Buhle and Okuhle,my cousin. She tells us that we should follow her with our heads bowed down and never look up unless asked to.
We follow her with our heads bent down all the way to the dining room then we sit on the grassmats folding our legs.
"Eyiphi intombi enize ngayo apha ensimini yakwaNododile?" My Uncle,Okuhle's father asks.
I can hear the Zulu delegates whisper among themselves before they answer.
"Lo othwele iduku elimnyama" I can hear Zano's uncle say.
We are all wearing different coloured doeks so I know it's me.
"Zenande ndijonge" he says to me and i Immediately lift my head to look at him.
"Ndibuza okokgqibela yiyo le mbali enizawuyikha apha ekhaya?" My Uncle asks them again.
This time they don't discuss anything.
"Yiyo impela" the other uncle says.
"Zenande uyabazi ababantu?" He asks me and I look at the Zulu delegates and see Phephelo and the guys smiling from ear to ear.
"Ewe Tata ndiyabazi" I say looking at him.
My aunt leads us out and back to my room.
"Nina noyi3 izani" she says to the girls and I sulk.
"Siyabuya manje mngani" Buhle says and they happily skip out.
I check my phone and still nothing from Zano.
After a minute ululations break out and my mom comes in together with my aunts. They give me a grass mat to sit on.
"From today you are no longer a girl,you are a woman and someone's wife at that, don't go out there and embarrass us but make us proud mtanam" my mom says and I nod looking down.
"Umfazi akalali lide liphume ilanga,uvuka kusasa and starts with her chores" my aunt says.
"Indoda iyaphakelwa indoda ke sisi. You cook for him and then you open your legs even wider for him. Umphathe ngemfudumalo angalinge abathwe yingqele" Okuhle's mom says and i almost laugh but push it back to where it came from.
I always knew she was a savage.
"Indoda ayibuzwa ukba ivelaphi instead kufanele ifumane amanzi wokuhlamba neyimpahla ziready,awungxolisi indoda izawuhhamba" my other aunt says.
Yeah right! That's why hers left.
"Awugxothwa apha kukokwenu if he lays a finger on you or he doesn't treat you right then come back home because we are giving you to them to build a home if that doesn't happen and he destroys you don't be afraid to come back home" my mom says and I can't help but cry.
They all hug me in turn and then lead me to the kitchen.
"Your in laws need to be served" My Italian aunt says.
I nod at her and take the basin with warm water and a dishcloth. I get on my knees and offer it to the first uncle and when he is done I give him the dishcloth so he can wipe his hands. I do the same to all four of them. When I'm done I take serving bowls to them and dish up for them according to their liking.
"Siyabonga makoti" one uncle says and I smile.
Buhle has already served my uncles so we head out and leave them to chit chat,my uncles are now forth coming I'm sure they paid a lot of money. Tata never laughs like that for mahala.
"Nande ndilambile" Asemahle says with her friends.
I quickly dish up for them and give them their plates.
"Come let's go take pictures" Rea drags me outside.
Okuhle takes pictures of us and then me individually because Rea insists and then she sends them to me via WhatsApp.
"AbakwaRosso bakufumene ukutya?" My aunt asks Rea and she nods.
"Nande hhamba emva and check if the is enough food for the people coming in. I nod at her and do as I'm told.

Zenande Okhethiweyo जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें