XXVIII

————————————————𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟲𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟭:𝟬𝟬 𝗣

————————————————
𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟲𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟭:𝟬𝟬 𝗣.𝗠.
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝘀𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~"𝐼 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔."~
————————————————

"The building itself was built on a burial ground in 1897, that's why its look so dated but the construction team has been able to keep up with each apartments structural build, flooring and appliances." The landlord said, showing Kel, Semaj and Zuri around the building of the third apartment complex they've seen for the day.

"Fortunately, it comes with a gym, spa, lounge area and secluded pool for residents only. Guests will need reservation passes approved by landlord and resident." Ms. Jean, the landlord, turned to the group of four with a bright white smile directed towards Kel since he was the one viewing the apartment. "I hope I was able to satisfy you with the details of my building, it'd be a pleasure to have you as a tenant."

Kel wanted to laugh. Each landlord had said the same thing or something along the lines of and he could only imagine why they were so eager. He knew it had something to do with his last name thanks to his brother but all he could think was damn, can you turn it down a notch?

"Preciate the tour, I'll be in touch." He said blandly before shaking the lady's hand and grabbing Zuri's to lead them out of the complex.

"You ain't like it or some?" Semaj asked, trailing on the other side of Kel.

He sighed and shrugged. "It's nice. Allum nice."

"But do you like it is what he's asking? I agree they're nice but, baby, you gotta choose something." Zuri chuckled at Kels blank facial expression. She knew just as much as he did that Kel wasn't interested in touring an apartment. He just wanted to slap his money in someone's hand and call a place his but apparently, having a tour is an important part of any search for a place to live.

Everyone was telling him he needed to know what he was working with before just leasing anywhere but he didn't think it'd be this much work.

The three decided to take a break and dine at a diner that was right across from the apartment building.

"Which one do you like?" Kel turned to Zuri in the booth seat they were sharing while Semaj sat across from them, attention on his phone as he spoke to Malaysia threw his AirPods.

Zuri looked over the menu, blowing out a breath. "The second one was okay. It was the only apartment close to Queens and your club. I also love that it had a view of the beach. The first apartment was an entire no. I don't know why you even agreed to tour it knowing it was built right near traffic and you're already a light sleeper. Then it's in Saratoga. And—wait" Zuri cut herself off from her rambling and turned to Kel to see him smirking at her. She frowned, shaking her head.

𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑃𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara