II

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝟰, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟮:𝟮𝟬 𝗽

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝟰, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟮:𝟮𝟬 𝗽.𝗺
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺
————————————————
~𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑛𝑜𝑤. 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒~
-edited 9/17/20-

Zuri woke up the next day with a slight headache and a numb arm. She shielded her eyes from the light that was shining through her curtains. She sat up and her eyes went straight to her arm and she frowned.

She once tried to stop, but it's like she was addicted to it. It'd became a habit of nature and you can't change what you're used to so easily. It only happened when she got frustrated and didn't know how to release that frustration.

She was startled by the sound of her alarm going off 5 minutes later and groaned. She had to get ready for work, since she didn't have any classes on Wednesday, she picked up shifts at the local babershop she'd been working at since 15 and she was now 19.

She learned how to cut hair when she was just at the age of 9. Her father would come home a little unrecognizable, weeks after leaving Zuri in the house by herself. She knew he was stressed after the passing of her mom and his wife, so she gave him the safe he needed. Although she needed her father, she couldn't bare seeing him in the state he was so she took the initiative to keep him looking presentable. It was like she was the parent and he was the child, which is why she had to grow up sooner than others.

Zuri stood up from her bed and walked to her bathroom, hurriedly skipping the mirror knowing if she made eye contact with herself, she'd have a mental breakdown. After showering and doing her hygiene she walked back into her room and got dressed into a pair of grey sweat pants, the shops uniform short and a sweater, and slipped her feet into her white crocs. She walked out her room with her bag of the days necessities skipping going to the kitchen knowing it'd ruin her mood and walked out of her apartment, locking up after herself.

She walked down to the lobby, greeting the old people in her building. She had a huge soft spot for elderly and special needs people.

Once making it out her building, Zuri was now on the road to work. She had a debate on whether she should stop for food since she hadn't ate since yesterday morning. Zuri would occasionally forget to treat herself of a little meal, she was a very busy girl.

She chose to just drive straight to work since she only had 5 minutes to clock in. Once making it, she was introduced to loud music, loud voices and multiple guys and girls. The barbershop was a multi-shop. You could say it was half barber and half salon. She mainly worked on cutting hair, but she could braid hair as well.