XIII

————————————————𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟳, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟱:𝟮𝟬 𝗽

————————————————
𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟳, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟱:𝟮𝟬 𝗽.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙸𝚖 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞.~
-𝑁𝐵𝐴 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑜𝑦
————————————————

Flashback

Zuri stared at the still woman before her. She wasn't upset, she wasn't sad, nor was she apologetic. She was angry and empty.

"Zuri go do somethin' productive." Her dad said, walking into the room where he kept her.

"What's productive to do around here?" She questioned under her breath but Jerome heard her.

He stared at the back of her head before shaking his head. "Mi a need yuh tuh speak tuh mi wid respect."

Zuri sat in the available ottoman positioned infront of the wheelchair before standing up and walking towards the door. Jerome was standing there with his arms crossed, staring down at his emotionless daughter.

She didn't waver eye contact with him because she knew better. He nodded his head and moved aside and watched her walk out of the room and straight towards the basement door. She hesitated before opening it and descended down the steps of pure hell.

Flashback over

Zuri hadn't heard from her dad in awhile

Zuri hadn't heard from her dad in awhile. Not since he called just to yell at her for ignoring him. She couldn't take it anymore. He only complained when it was convenient for him and Zuri couldn't understand why her not speaking to him was necessary. He'd missed his chance to be there for her when she needed him and she wasn't going to reel herself into his web just because of who he was.