XXIII

————————————————𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟭𝟭𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭𝗧𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟵:𝟬𝟬 𝗮

————————————————
𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟭𝟭𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
𝗧𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟵:𝟬𝟬 𝗮.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝, 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜."~
~c.c. aurel
————————————————

"So have you figured out where you're going on your first date?" Moria asked Zuri as they sat in her apartment, basking in the heat that had finally started working on their floor in nearly 3 years.

Zuri looked up from her journal, frowning at Moria's question. Admittedly, Zuri hadn't thought much on the fact she asked Kel on a date a few days ago. Truth be told, she didn't know where to start.

Moria sat up straight to the best of abilities, minding the fact she was still pregnant. She was ready to drop.

"I know that face...Zuri! You haven't planned anything?" Moria asked, shocked. Zuri slowly shook her head, avoiding eye contact. "Not even what you're going to wear?"

"I've never planned one before. Shit, I've never even been on a date." Zuri expressed sadly. Granted, Zuri grew up differently. She wasn't introduced to love, romance or chivalry and now she had someone who expressed all of that and she didn't know where to begin to show him in return.

Needless to say, she was regretting opting to be the one to plan their very first date. She didn't want to mess up, but she didn't know the first step to take in order to do so.

"Awe, pooh. It's okay." Moria comforted Zuri, seeing the sad look on her face.

Zuri looked over at Moria and released a lonely tear and that's when Moria knew this was beyond the topic they were discussing. It's something that had been bothering the young adult.

"But what if it's not, Momo? I don't know what I'm doing and apparently Kel does. Who wants to be with someone who doesn't even know what it's like to be with someone?"

"Zuri, not everyone is good at these things. Especially when it's their first go. You'll learn what it's like to be in a relationship with another person. What it's like to share yourself and just be undeniably happy. It'll become like a second nature, and there are going to be times where you're stuck,  not gonna lie to you, but that's where you have to communicate. I promise, it gets better." Moria rubbed Zuri's back as she started silently crying.

Zuri heard everything Moria said but it was just this inkling feeling that everything would go wrong. For so many years she'd strived to push everyone and anyone away and somehow Kel snuck up on her and made her want to experience everything she felt she should have while she was growing up.