XXII(22)

————————————————
𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟴𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟭𝟮:𝟬𝟬 𝗽.𝗺.
𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~"𝚂𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍."~
————————————————

It was currently 12 in the afternoon and Semaj had just finished his second class of the day. He hated classes in the afternoon, but he had to make it work since basketball practice started at 5 on Mondays, Thursday and Friday's while the other days of the week it started at 4. It was a weird schedule for him but he'd dealt with it for 4 years now.

He could've given it up—basketball that is, but he was a busybody. He couldn't just sit around and do nothing and he definitely wasn't going to fill his day up with courses he knew he didn't need nor want.

Surely though, his main focus was shooting for the moon. Literally. He was happy—ecstatic that he'd landed himself an internship, thanks to his science professor who was friends with a well-known Astronomer in Boston. Which meant he'd be leaving after graduating.

Leaving New York was worth it. Although he hadn't told his friends and family where it was located, he was happy to let them in on his accomplishment. He just knew they weren't going to be happy that he was leaving right after graduation.

Walking to the library during his free period, Semaj was smacked in the face with a red ballon as soon as he opened the double doors.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!" A familiar, sweet voice said as Semaj rubbed his nose. He looked up and seen Malaysia, the girl he'd met at the Solar seminar last month.

Semaj smirked. "Nah, it's all good." He looked up at the red heart shaped ballon that was floating above Malaysia's head. "You could've asked me to be yo' valentine some other way."

It was indeed the month of love and all around campus—or anywhere you turned really—there was something revolving Valentine's Day seen in sight. It was sickening to some but others loved it.

Malaysia chuckled, shaking her head. "Boy, bye. I just got done decorating the library and I'm taking this balloon to my dorm."

"So you're basically stealing a balloon? Dats low, Lay." They both started laughing, not really caring they were in a library. Both of their laughs were loud and obnoxious.

"Shut up." Malaysia said, cackles following, trying to calm down from her fit of laughter.

After the seminar, they both traveled to a nearby restaurant and got to know one another over what happened to be both their favorite, a philly cheeseburger . After, they exchanged numbers and since then they'd run into each other on campus or talk on the phone occasionally, just to annoy one another. They'd become good friends since.

"So, what are you doin' here—ta' study, duh." Malaysia slapped her forehead, answering her own question.

Semaj chuckled. "Yeah, got a few things ta' catch up on. You out?" He pointed to the door behind him since they were standing at the entrance.

Malaysia nodded her head, rubbing her lipgloss coated lips together. "Mhm. I'll see you around."

Semaj nodded his head and began to walk off but before he could, Malaysia stopped him. He looked at her confused as she held the string of the ballon out to him.