XV

————————————————𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗪𝗘𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟭𝟭:𝟯𝟬 𝗮

————————————————
𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗪𝗘𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝟭𝟭:𝟯𝟬 𝗮.𝗺.
𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎; 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. ~
-𝚂𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚜
————————————————

Life always came with unexpected twists. It came and left you with whiplashes, memories that could either traumatize you or make you question humanity.

Zuri was always expecting the unexpected, because she'd been through so much shit, she got tired of being scared of life's next move. So much so, she gave up waiting for hope. That sliver of hope she hung onto for so long, it was gone. She'd been knocked down before having the chance to stand on her own two feet, so what was there to look forward to?

How could one still have hope, when life hadn't shown them there was one good thing in the world? Zuri felt like she'd lived her life in utter sadness and for that she was and will forever be emotionally traumatized.

Running was all she knew. Since the age of 13, she felt she found her escape from life. But like anything and everything else, that was taken away from her. She couldn't have any negative emotions towards it. Not when some part of her expected this.

Like stated before, all good things come to an end.

What was Zuri's purpose in life?

"Ms. Okani, how are you feeling today?" Zuri's nurse asked as she walked into her hospital room with a clipboard in hand.

Zuri laid flat on the very uncomfortable bed with a blank face, staring up at the ceiling.

"Ok." Was all she replied with. It'd been her answer to the same annoying question for a week now. Which is how long she'd been conscious in the hospital.

The nurse gave her an apologetic smile. "Well, I'm here to check your vitals and to see if your legs are responsive. Checking to see if any nerves have recovered is very mandatory for the recovery process..."

Zuri tuned her out. It was the same word vomit everyday when she came to do her job. And everyday, nothing new.

Her mind traveled back to why she was even here in the first place.