XI

————————————————𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟬:𝟮𝟬 𝗮

————————————————
𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟬:𝟮𝟬 𝗮.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙸𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚖𝚎.~
————————————————

Kel woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned and slapped around for it until he grasped it in his hand and put it to his face. He scrunched his face up when he realized he had yet to answer it and it was ringing directly in his ear.

"Hello?" He answered groggily into the phone after answering it. He also saw that it was going on 10 in the morning. Too early for him.

"Morning baby, did I wake you?" The voice that'd belong to his grandmother came through the receiver, causing a small smile to form on Kels face.

"Nah, nah I was just gettin' up. Mornin', how you doin'?" Kel raised up in his bed and held back a yawn, stretching his arms and legs out before he rested against his headboard.

"I'm doin' fine, baby. Just callin' to botha' you." Elise chuckled. As of lately, Elise had been calling more frequently to talk to her grandsons. They didn't really talk that much and Kel and Tone only visited her around holidays since that's when they were less busy during the year. Kel didn't like to travel alone, too.

Kel chuckled and finally stood from his bed, dragging his feet against the hardwood floors, he opened his door and immediately wanted to lay back down at the sound of other voices coming from downstairs.

"Whea 'dat otha' grandson of mine?"

"Up, already gettin' on my nerves." Kel mumbled but Elise heard him and let out a laugh. Kel sat at the top of the stairs, listening to his grandmother talk in the background to someone. He couldn't make out the voice or the words Elise was saying.

"Ok I'll see—you still thea' Ezekiel?" Elise said.

Kel nodded his head as if she could see him. "Yup." Silence had taken over the phone call. Kel was just waiting for his grandma to ask what she'd been wanting to for some time now.

"When are y'all gon' come see me?" And there it was. Kel fought the urge to suck his teeth. Instead he descended down the stairs to see his brother sitting in the living room with what looked to be a female. He couldn't see her face but by the look on Tones, which he could see, they were having a serious conversation.