XVI

————————————————𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟳:𝟭𝟭 𝗽

————————————————
𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟳:𝟭𝟭 𝗽.𝗺.
𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎; 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. ~
-𝚂𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚜
————————————————

"So you wanna share why you'on wanna visit Zee?" Kel finally asked the question that'd been bothering Zuri. He promised he'd get Semaj to visit before she began physical therapy, which was bound to happen soon since her legs had a bit of response last visit. She said she didn't want anyone around while she went through training, saying it required her and her mental only.

Semaj bounced the basketball from hand to hand, not meeting Kels eyes. They were currently in the gym, Semaj had just finished basketball practice and since Kel wasn't on the track and field team anymore, he decided to watch his friend practice, joining in to annoy the coach every so often.

"Why it gotta be a reason?" Semaj asked, shooting the ball into the net at the three point line. After making it inside the net, the ball boomerang back to Semaj.

"She was in a coma, Maj. You ain't been nea' since you found out the accident happened. Damn straight it's a reason." Kel fussed. He knew Semaj like the back of his hand and vice versa. Kel had came up with a few reasons on why Semaj had been avoiding Zuri but wanted to hear him say it.

"I can't man."

Kel scrunched his face up. "Can't what?"

"See ha' like dat. You know I'on do good wit' dat shit." Semaj finally let out, releasing a breath, returning to doing tricks with the basketball.

Kel didn't reply immediately, knowing what Semaj was referring to. "Semaj, she doin' good. Dat ain't gon happen."

"I know dat, but still don't make it any betta', Kel." At the age 17, Semaj had lost his mom. The day before before his graduation to be exact. She was ill before, diagnosed with breast cancer which was genetically passed down to her. Semaj watched day after day as his mom got sick and what sucked the most was she'd made a promise that she broke.

Semaj and Kel were both hurt. Semajs mother was like a second mom to him, next to his grandmother. Semaj didn't like that his last memory of her was in a hospital. He expected her to stick by her word but she broke that promise. Since then he hated for his loved ones to end up in a situation where it was life or death. He couldn't stand to see them in a state of helplessness. Same as for Zuri.