IX

————————————————𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟭𝟵𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟵:𝟯𝟱 𝗮

————————————————
𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟭𝟵𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟵:𝟯𝟱 𝗮.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙿𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎. ~
————————————————

"Ok, let's talk. What's been going on in your life recently?" Dr. Akama, Zuri's therapist, spoke after they'd gotten comfortable for their 1 hour session.

Zuri shifted on the couch, crossing her right leg on her left. She preferred that position over laying down.

"Uhm, well I finished my second year of college two weeks ago. I haven't gotten my scores back from the exams but I'm confident about them. I studied my butt off along with my f-friends. They weren't down with the extra study hours I basically made them do, but I take school serious I just wanna give them that extra push..." Zuri chuckled, realizing she was rambling. Akama noticed she'd stopped talking and looked up from her pad which she was writing on, with a confused facial expression.

"I know you want to say more, Zuri. Go on." Akama pushed but Zuri shook her head, tucking her lips. Akama sighed and sat her pad down, leaning forward towards Zuri. "Honey, it's okay to express yourself. This is a safe space for you to release all that you don't want to keep in. Do that, with no holding back."

Zuri had a lot that ran in her kind on a daily basis and she only got to share that when she was at therapy or around Kel, occasionally. But once she felt herself releasing too much to the point where the other knew too much, she instinctively held back.

Akama noticed the hesitation and decided to start asking questions. "You said you studied with some friends on your exams? I haven't heard of these friends, tell me about them."

Zuri gave a small smile and started to tell her about the people she recently started to invite in her circle. "....Kel was my first friend. He's my bosses little brother and is an absolute fool, but his energy is what I was drawn to."

"And when you say drawn, you mean..."

"I mean it's inviting and addicting. You can't help but want to be around him all the time. I even expressed that to him a few weeks ago and that I found it weird but he assured me it was just me wanting to have a friendship where we can share a spiritual connection. When I first met him which was two months ago in March, I didn't take him for the spiritual, or wise kind of person but he has a way with words and making me feel light."

Akama tried to hold back the smirk that wanted to form on her face. She was already starting to love the relationship between her patient and her new found friend.