IV

————————————————𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮:𝟭𝟬 𝗽

————————————————
𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮:𝟭𝟬 𝗽.𝗺
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜~
————————————————
edited- 10/2/20

Flashback~ 8 years ago ~

"Zuri, I promise. I'm coming back." Jerome tried calming down his emotional daughter as he slipped his jacket on.

"But you said that last time." A young and saddened Zuri whined. Her face was stained with tears and her eyes were puffy and red from crying for an hour straight.

"I waited and you didn't come back, da'." She felt tears tickling her eyes once again and Jerome sighed. He never knew how to comfort his daughter. He wasn't an affectionate person and raising a girl all on his own was hard for him. Almost impossible.

He got down on one knee at eye level with his daughter who watched his movements very closely.

"Listen to me," his voice came out stern and hard letting Zuri know what he was about to say was important.

"What have I always told you?" He asked her staring in her eyes. Zuri started squirming and whining feeling a little intimidated by her own father.

"B-But dad-" she was cut off by his glare.

"Stop that whining shit, Zuri!" He lowered his voice remembering who he was speaking to. "Now, what have I always told you about these damn emotions."

She stared at him. Her bottom lip started to quiver but she wouldn't dare let out another cry infront of this man.

"You've always told me emotions possess the power of weakness..." she trailed off wiping her face as silent tears ran down it.

"And why is that a bad thing?"

Zuri took a deep breath before standing up straight. "Because...because people can use that against me."