VIII

————————————————𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟭:𝟮𝟬 𝗮

————————————————
𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟴, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟭:𝟮𝟬 𝗮.𝗺.
𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀, 🅽🅴🆆 🆈🅾︎🆁🅺

~𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝚂𝚘 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎.~
————————————————

"The term ends in one week and y'all tellin' me you ain't studied for exams?" Zuri scoffed as she walked the campus with Kel and Semaj on either side of her. They'd just come from the seminar held for their schools sports events. The Sports Olympics were last week and they'd brought home another gold metal for the relay race and their first time ever field event silver metal. That was because Kel wasn't able to compete for the school this year.

The following week, it was back to school and much needed studying since the term was almost over and exams were approaching. Apparently Kel and Semaj didn't have the time and didn't want to make any.

"I been busy." Semaj rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yea...me too." Kel second and Zuri shook her head at the two. She took her studies serious because unlike them, she had nothing but that to fall back on. Kel and Semaj knew what they wanted to be and while they only had one year of college left to complete she had two and was stuck on where she wanted to continue her studies. Track was her entry way into college, she loved it but it wasn't her passion and she damn sure knew it wasn't her purpose.

"That's sad. So you're gonna wing it basically?" Zuri questioned.

"Mhm—Basically." Kel and Semaj said at the same time.

Zuri rolled her eyes slightly annoyed. She had no say on whether they should take this seriously or not but she couldn't help but feel they were taking advantage on the time they had. School was always top priority for her when she was in grade school. It was really the only thing she could look forward to. It was her way out.

"It's really 'dat serious ta' you?" Kel asked noticing her bothered behavior. Zuri shrugged her shoulders continuing to stare ahead, avoiding his glare. The two had become a bit closer. They were still in the process of getting to know one another but they were able to go to one another and be able to put a smile on the others face. Zuri still had her walls up and Kel was still trying to break them down. It wouldn't be happening any time soon.

Kel stopped, halting the other two with him. He cupped Zuri's chin between his pointer and thumb causing a frown to form on her face. "Zuri, fix ya' face. If it mean dat much ta' you, we'a study wit' you in the library."