19 • Dangers

The thing about love is, it works in the most mysterious ways

There are a lot of stories filled with love, Jimin was an avid reader of novels of the like so it was no wonder he had his standards raised high.

Jeon Jungkook may not be the perfect man, but he sure as hell works the very best to make Jimin feel like he was the only person that mattered in his whole life.

The trip they had to Seattle made them closer after two weeks, weeks became months. From two weeks in the blink of an eye, they were already two months in the relationship and Jimin couldn't be any happier.

Well, until today.

“–min. Jimin-ah!" Seokjin yelled, snapping his fingers in front of Jimin who shakes his head to clear his thoughts. “Are you day dreaming in the middle of our shift?!”

The blond purses his lips at his bestfriend, resuming his task of wiping down the counters of their work area. “I don't know what you're talking about.” Jimin denied with a bristle.

“You think of Jungkook all the time! It's been what–a few weeks? Why haven't you guys met up with each other?!” Jin demanded, taking away the empty platter of cheesecake on display and dropping the plate on the sink. “Have you guys broken up?”

“It's been roughly a month.” Jimin confessed, wiping his hands on his apron and sighing. “He's been really busy with everything.”

“Is this the conflict between their gangs? I heard about it briefly with Namjoon.” the brunet asked, tilting his head to look at Jimin as he places a new tray of cheesecake on the glass display case.

“Well, that amongst other things.” Jimin mumbled, lifting the newly washed tray and placing it over the side of the sink to dry. “He also has a few family stuff going on, I think his parent's are working to prove them and Jungmin they're truly apologetic about everything.”

“I get that. I just don't get why you didn't even tell him you've secured a job with me here in Serendipity. If I was your boyfriend, I'd be pretty upset with you.” his best friend deadpanned, leaning on the counter and giving the blond a disappointed stare. “He'll probably get sad about it, you know? This is vital information.”

Over the course of the two months where the two of them had been particularly busy with their own respective situations, Jimin had applied with Jin to Serendipity; a coffee shop near campus as they thought that the Epiphany diner was quite far from their apartment's and would hinder them in the long run. Hence their applications were cancelled.

Jimin liked to think he tried his best to bring it up, but he chicken's out with the fear of accidentally revealing his Anniversary gift and subsequently adding to the overwhelming amount of stuff his boyfriend was handling at home, in school and with his gang mates.

“I just didn't have the heart to bring it up after all he's been handling.” Jimin admitted, pressing his head on the table counter and cursing himself. “I've been a mess of a boyfriend, and adding the fact that I was also hiding the promise rings which I need to pay off before our Anniversary.”