10 • Introductions

"Would you like Coffee? Tea?" Hoseok asked, moving to the fridge as he allowed Jungkook to sit on the empty chair

It was a small kitchen, not really much space to give but it felt like home. Jungkook envied the warmth it provided him, because his house never felt this way to him.

"Just water is fine, hyung." the raven haired reponded with a small voice, straightening his back when Hoseok finds a seat beside him.

The tangerine haired places the glass of water on the table and smiles at the raven haired again when he says 'thank you'.

"Are we past the inroductions or do you need me to start?" Hoseok teased, smiling wider when Jungkook starts sputtering.

"I'm-heard, alot- I mean-" Jungkook coughed, covering his stuttering. "I-'ve uhm, heard a lot from Jimin about you, hyung." he tried again, licking his dry lips consciously.

"I've also heard a lot about the infamous Jeon Jungkook." Hoseok says, placing his chin on his palm with a laugh. "From my colleagues mostly. You're a hot topic even to the administration, believe it or not."

"Bad things, I assume?" the raven haired mumbled, sipping on his water to wash up his pallette and calm his nerves. "Don't listen to them, I get straight A's." he defended, insinuating his academic independency despite his status.

"To start." the older replied with a shrug, "I'm led to believe a lot of things I don't really care much about. Frankly, I also don't care about your social status for as long as you don't do anything horrible to my brother."

"I won't, I mean- I'll try. Speaking like that feels like a promise and I don't want to destroy the trust you have for me right now." Jungkook reassured without any hesitation, "I'll try my best not to hurt him."

"I admire your honesty, Jungkookie." Hoseok hummed, "Can I call you that?"

"Of course, hyung!" the raven haired replied almost too enthusiastically, wincing afterwards in second hand embarrassment. "Sorry."

"This is your 'talk', Jeon Jungkook." the tangerine haired clipped out with a wiggle of his eyebrows. "Now to say that line, hurt my brother and I will hurt you."

"You're just like Jimin." Jungkook snickered out, shaking his head fondly. "Thank you for your trust, hyung."

"I was kidding." Hoseok says with a light chuckle, "I'm not going to ask you to not hurt him. In most relationships I think that's bound to happen, life is half the amount of pain and happiness. Chaos is beautiful too, believe it or not."

Jungkook licks his lips and nods, "I understand, hyung."

"What I'm meaning to say is that you're going to hurt each other along the way, and that's fine. I only value your intention." the older boy acknowledged, "It seems I have to stop worrying though because I like you for my brother. Please ask him out soon, you don't have to ask for my permission anymore."