The idea is tempting!

Naira Datta

I was wearing my necklace as I groaned looking at myself in the mirror.

There was another event today I was supposed to attend with this asshole.

I absolutely hate this!

The only good thing about today's event is Reyansh is going to be there.

Ofcourse, what more do I need?

I smiled looking at myself in mirror and there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I said and Shlok peeked in.

"Are you done?" He asked and I nodded taking my purse.

"You look beautiful." He said with a smile and I looked at him raising my brows.

I've never seen him smile!

"Don't behave like a husband." I said rolling my eyes getting out my room him trailing behind me.

"What? Now I can't compliment you?" He asked getting into the car.

"Nope you can't." I said sitting beside him and he sighed.

"I know that you really hate me and I'm sorry for however I behaved in the past year. I was an ass no girl would deserve— He started but I interrupted him saying

"Shlok, I hope you know that I don't hold any grudges over you. I just want one fucking thing from you and that is to let me go. Let me have my freedom." I said not trying to sound frustrated.

"That is the one thing I can't do. I can promise you that I'll treat you better, the way you deserve. I can promises you everything but not that one thing." He said and I glared at him.

"What the hell is your problem? You never wanted me to be your wife at first place why is this sudden interest in me?" I yelled at him.

"There are a lot of things and a lot of consequences if I let you go." He said trying to make me understand.

"Sir we have reached." The driver said and I got down immediately.

"Naira, you are kept out of a lot of things. Everything is not as easy as it seems." He said and I glared at him.

"I don't care if it is not easy. I've spent a whole year crying, wailing, and whining. The day I decided I'll stand up for myself was the day I promised I am not going to be a pawn in anyone's game." I said in a low voice as there were people around.

"You have a lot to lose why don't you understand?" He whispered.

"What could be more destructive then losing your parents? Or worst, knowing they never actually cared about you." I said and we sat on our assigned table. Each and every family was assigned a table and Reyansh was going to be here with his whole huge family.

"Naira beta, how are you?" Shlok's mom asked as we sat down.

"I'm great aunty. How are you?" I asked giving her a polite smile.

"Ohh I'm good too. When is the final hearing?" She asked.

"There are 2 months more for that." I said and she nodded.

Opposite to our table there was Reyansh's family table and everyone was soo happy and smiley including him.

I just kept looking at them with a smile as Reyansh was listening to his sister's gossips.

I envy everyone who has such a family!

I could never have a normal family growing up. Bhai was far away my parents were never there for me neither did they care for me. All my life Shreya and Abhi have been the only constant people in my life.