I am his wife, damn it!

Naira Datta

I was just sitting on the couch clutching my head while I was having a fucking hangover and my family members were standing before me explaining me how I should be a bit responsible.

"Anything could have happened yesterday! I am not saying you can't go somewhere, but going out like that? Switching off your phone? Do you want to give me a heart attack?" Dadi yelled and I was more concerned about my headache.

"Even I am not going to support you this time. The least you could do is drop a message!" Dadu said and even Raj bhai stood there glaring at me.

"I'm sorry! I was just too disturbed. I had an argument with Shlok and I lost it." I said with puppy dog eyes to get them all stop their lecture.

"I was soo close to losing my sanity if Reyansh wouldn't have found you." Raj bhai said with a disappointing nod.

"I am really sorry Bhai. I didn't mean to do it." I said walking towards him and hugging him.

He quickly encircled his arms around me and said,
"Shlok is not worth anything. Not even your anger. Stop making reckless decisions." He said stroking my hair and I nodded.

"Now go to your room! I'll send the medicine with Naina. Had too much alchohol yesterday." Dadi said glaring and me and I walked towards my room.

I removed my phone and decided whether to text him or not.

Fuck it!

Instead, I just called him.

"Are you okay?" Was his first question as he answered his call.
I could hear rustling beside him as if he was moving somewhere.

"I wanted to thank you for getting me home last night." I said and he sighed.

"You should stop being— he started but I cut him off.

"Irresponsible. I know." I said rolling my eyes.

Another lecture!

"No. You should stop being a coward. Face everything Naira. Stop hiding when something happens." He said in ohh soo secy voice.

Subah subah shuru ho gaya!

"I'm not a coward. And, I have had enough of lectures since morning. I don't need one from you." I said rolling my eyes.

"If you are not a coward then why are you hiding? Come out of your shell and face that hideous truth which is waiting for you in Mumbai." He said irritated.

"Dude! What's your problem?" I asked irritated.

"My problem?" He asked scoffing.

"My problem is that you are irresponsibly risking everything because of some minor inconvinience that happens in your life!" He yelled.

What the fuck?

"Minor incovinience? Whatever I have going on is not minor!" I yelled.

"But it is not major enough that you just keep your safety at stake! You did drugs yesterday with random strangers, and drank till you didn't remember anything! Stop hiding and punishing yourself, damn it!" He yelled.

"Ohh! And who are you my father? Why do you care If I do anything?" I yelled.

"You can never fucking understand why I care! And neither do I want to explain it to you." He said and I could sense he was trying to calm himself down.