My life is one big mess...!

Naira Datta

"So, how was your interview?" Shreya asked as I sipped on my mocktail looking around the beautiful dining place we were seated at.

"I'm supposed to join from tomorrow! Seems like they are in dire need of someone to be the marketing head." I said.

"Bhoooo!" Someone yelled in my ear from behind.

"What the fuck Abhi!" I yelled placing my hand on my heart which was beating rapidly.

"Such an asshole!" I yelled and he took a place beside me.

"So rude! I thought you would have missed me." He said with a fake sad expression.

"I did not miss you at all!" I said rolling my eyes and he sat beside me swinging his hand around my shoulder.

"Awww! But I missed you a lot! You just disappeared in thin air." He said rolling his eyes.

"Let's not talk about that!" Shreya interrupted our talk.

"You are drinking something which is not alcohol? Surprising." He mocked me and I punched his shoulder.

"I am not some psycho drunkard, you fucker!" I said throwing another punch.

"Owww! Fine. Woman stop hitting me." He said rubbing his shoulder.

"Thank god, you guys chose some place which is not a pub. I hate that loud suffocating place." He said making a face.

"Bore! I don't know how are you going to land a girlfriend." I said teasing him and when I turned around I was shocked to see my parents coming towards our table.

What the fuck?

I snapped my neck towards Abhi to glare at him and he just sat there nervously.

"What do I do to owe this surprise?" I asked sarcastically as they sat before me.

"You don't get to talk to us like that when you literally ran away putting us in a tough spot." Mom said glaring at me.

"Oh! I am sorry for that. But, now that the divorce is been applied you will be facing a lot of embarrasing situations in the future." I said with a sweet smile.

"I won't allow that!" Dad said in a low-threatning voice.

"Did I ask for your permission?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"You cannot do it! We have a lot at stake. What do you think? You'll get someone who will love you after this? Divorced is a tag you can never get rid of!" Mom almost yelled.

"And I have my life at stake. So, I am sorry! I can't be the obidient puppet you want me to be. And finding love is the last thing on my list. I rather have that tag then spend my life with that bastard." I said a bit louder.

"Tamasha mat kar yaha!" Dad said looking around.

"Tamasha toh tum logo ne meri jindagi ka bana rakha hai. Mistress? That's what I am, huh? Didn't you feel even a bit of regret when you came across that news?" I asked trying to calm myself down.

"It was just an entertainment news. Nothing serious." Dad said shrugging and I chuckled.

Nothing serious?

"Maa baap kehne me sharam aa rahi hai." I said and walked away from that table trying to control my tears.

I quickly entered the open balcony space and took out a cigarette.

It is been soo long!
Yahi sath dene wali hai mera bass..!

I lit the cigarette and started smoking while tears were constantly flowing out of my eyes.

Me being called as a mistress is nothing serious?

What could be more important than their own daughter?

I was furiously wiping my tears when someone snatched that cigarette away.

"What the— I couldn't complete my sentence as an asshole, dickhead, moron and whatever curse words my dictionary consisted of person came before me.

The one and only...
Reyansh!

"You sure have a good timing to show your existence." I said sarcastically snatching that cigarette from him.

"I'm not here to teach you or whatever. Just keep the cigarette away." He said with his expressions as hard as a rock.

"Watch me!" I said glaring at him and smoked before him.

"You— he started glaring at me but Abhi entered the scene.

"Naira! Stop with this. Come, lets go. They have left."
Abhi said taking that cigarette away.

"I am not leaving with anyone. I don't trust you. Maybe you'll drop me before their house." I yelled at Abhi and he held me by my shoulders but my eyes were still fixed on Reyansh's face.

He just stood there with his jaw clenched.
"I thought they were worried about you. I never knew— Abhi started but I interrupted him.

"Leave me alone. I'll be back in 5 mins." I said and left hesitantly.

"And you! You remember me?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"I am not here to have small talks with you, I just saw you smoking and— he started but I interrupted him saying,

"Yeah! And you thought let's just go and order her not to smoke and then vanish away. Or maybe you thought lets just fake care again and get vanished." I said glaring at him and he just stood there with his ever famous I-don't-give-a-fuck expression.

He turned around to walk away when I held his hand and turned him again.
"You can't always leave without talking." I said and he just released a frustrated sigh.

"I am not bound to you, Am I? I can leave whenever I want." He said and this took me off guard.

"Why are you so upset about me leaving suddenly? We met spent some great time but that's it! I never said there was anything beyond that." He asked crossing his arms before his chest.

And fuck!
That was disturbing..!
His muscular arms, his broad chest..
STOP!

Wrong direction, Naira.
My conscience reminded me.

I just chuckled dryly saying,
"I forgot, men can never change. Using women as their entertainment is their favourite hobby."

"I don't need to explain you anything like you did not need to explain me how complicated your relationship was with Shlok Das." He said and I looked at him with an incredulous expression.

"So, it is about that? Huh! How could I forget, that fucking news?" I said lauging sarcastically.

I held his collar and he looked taken aback.
"Judgemental asshole! The moment you came to know I was someone's mistress you decided to cut me off?" I yelled at him and he swiftly removed my hands from his collar.

"I don't think I had any reason to come back to Shlok's mistress." He said and I slapped him hard.

"Remember this slap the next you will want to call me that. Because, I definitely don't like to be called that." I said pushing him away and leaving again with tears in my eyes.

There's no fucking place from where I don't leave with tears!

My life is one big mess..!