That fucking smile...!

Reyansh Khanna

"What is it with you? Why are you looking at me like this?" I asked Pranay irritated with him standing like a statue before me.

"Sir, uhh actually— he started and again stammered.

"I have shit loads of work piling on me. I don't have time for your nonsense, Pranay. Just say whatever it is and leave!" I yelled at him and he flinched because of the intesity of my voice.

"The hotel chain which you own in Goa is undergoing some problems. The manager called and said that he cannot handle it and your dad has said you to handle it." He said all in one breath.

"What? Why did I fucking hire him If I had to handle everything? This is the third time I'll have to visit that office in this month." I yelled frustrated because this manager is getting on my nerves.

Just then there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." I yelled.

"I'm sorry sir but I have an urgent matter to discuss." The head of the Hr department said.

"What is it now?" I said irritated.

"The head of the marketing department has submitted her resignation letter with a month's notice." She said.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"I'll tell you." Dad said entering my cabin.

"You both can leave." He said and they both left.

"What more do you want me to do?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"The marketing department handles the most pressure from you, why?" He asked.

"Because they don't show me the results I want. Their ideas are not what we need and they never understand it." I tried to explain him.

"Then you should select the head of the marketing department." He said and I released a frustrated sigh.

However irritating it was going to be I knew I had to do it because I was tired of yelling at them every fucking time.

"I'll do it after the Goa issues get solved." I said and he nodded.

"I told you, start dating and I'll lessen your burden a bit." He said laughing.

"Ohh so it is all about me not dating someone." I said raising my brows.

"I was just joking. But don't you think you should really find yourself someone special? You know all the stress gets relieved just by their one smile." He said smiling wide and for a second the girl whom I met at the dining place flashed before my eyes.

Her smile did make me forget everything!

"I don't think I want to rely on someone's smile to relieve my stress." I said shaking my head and went back to my laptop.

What is happening with me?

It is been almost two weeks since that day and I couldn't get her voice, her smile, her teary face out of my head.

"Whatever suits you!" He said shrugging and left.

I already have a lots responsibilities on my head I don't want to add a girlfriend and make my life more chaotic.

"Uncle was here?" Ishaan said entering my cabin and I nodded.

"Let's go out tonight! It's a weekend." He said excitedly and I wanted to do nothing but get a good sleep on my comfy bed after a tiring day.