Everything is alright with me!

Reyansh Khanna

"Sir, your father dropped by when you were in the meeting. He has asked you to sign these documents." Pranay who is my assistant told me and I just gestured him to keep the documents on the table.

I just got out from a long meeting  and was in no mood of reading any documents.

"Want to relieve stress of a long hectic day?" Ishaan asked entering my cabin.

Ishaan Shastri.
One of my best friends.
He is my company's legal advisor.

"I definitely need it. I am soo fucking tired." I said looking at the watch.

It was already 9:00 p.m.
"Akshay has opened a new dining place. He called. Let's go." He said and taking my suit and the file I left with him.

"Have Shaurya & Akshay reached already?" I asked getting into the passenger seat while he got seated in the driver's seat.

"Yeah. I have everything planned." He said grinning and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Let's go!" He said excitedly parking his car and I got down rolling my sleeves upto my elbow and loosening my tie.
We entered through the entrance and were going to walk towards the private room Ishaan has booked when I heard a very soft & sweet voice,

Tere hathon ki taraf
Mere hathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana

My steps halted on their own as If I was under some spell. I turned to my left and saw a girl sitting on a high chair on the stage with a mike in her hand.

Teri aankhon se kahe
Kuch toh meri nazar
Rozana, rozana

Rozana main
Sochun yehi
Kahan aaj kal
Main hoon lapata

My feet automatically took me towards a table and I took my seat. I just kept looking at her while she was singing.

Her voice!
It is soo soothing!

Tujhe dekh loo
Toh hansne lage
Mere dard bhi
Kyun khamakhan

Hawaon ki tarah
Mujhe chhu ke tu guzar
Rozana, rozana

She had her eyes closed and her hair were softly caressing her cheek.

Tere hathon ki taraf
Mere hathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana

Inn aankhon se ye bata
Kitna main dekhu tujhe..

Inn aankhon se ye bata
Kitna main dekhu tujhe
Reh jaati hai kuch kami
Jitna bhi dekhu tujhe

Why is this soo enchanting?
I've never been soo fucking attracted to listening to music before this!

Rozana main
Sochun yehi
Ke jee lungi main
Behsans bhi

Aise tu mujhe
Milta rahe agar
Rozana, rozana..

Tere hathon ki taraf
Mere hathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana.

She finished and there was a round of applause.

"Thank you." She said softly after opening her eyes.

I didn't have it in me to look away!

She got up from the chair and that was when I noticed I was sitting on the very first table with my face held in my palms watching her sing like I've never heard a song ever.

Okay?
What the hell was wrong with me?
She sings well, yeah!
But that doesn't mean I behave like this.

I just shook my head to get that voice out of my head and someone shook me vigorously.

"Huh?" I asked looking at Ishaan.

"What's wrong with you? I'm trying to call you since forever. But you were too lost in the song." He said frowning and I got up muttering a nothing.

Everything is alright with me!

We walked towards the Private section. Shaurya & Akshay were already seated having their drinks.

"You guys wouldn't believe what happened." Ishaan said over exaggerating and I rolled my eyes.

"He was just lost in that girl who was singing over there." Ishaan said grinning.

"Stop over-exaggerating. She sang well maybe that's why." I said shrugging.

"Dude! You were literally looking at her without blinking your eyes. Don't fool me!" He said and I pushed him away.

"Not a big deal. You say as if you don't check out girls." I said rolling my eyes.

"Everyone of us knows you checking out girls or being smitten by a girl is next to impossible!" Shaurya said laughing.

"Did you forget the last girl you were dating? She was fucking sexy and you didn't even give her a second glance and the moment you thought she was getting attached you just left her." Akshay said.

"So, what's the problem? I don't like attachments. They make a person weak. And the girl I was dating, I was least interested in her It was dad who was persistent that I should date her." I said rolling my eyes.

Yeah, well my Dad is a lot interested in my love life.

He keeps setting me up with girls and I keep rejecting them or date them and then give some excuses.

"You and your theories! Fuck him guys let's enjoy." Ishaan said rolling his eyes and everyone picked up their glass.
Mine was not alchohol, I don't drink.

"So, are you interested in this singer?" Shaurya asked smirking.

"Not interested." I said scowling.

But her voice..
Damn!
I was at the right place to relieve my stress.

Her voice just made me forget it all.

I looked down from the private room and I had a whole view of the dining place where she was singing a while ago.

I saw a man holding her hand and pulling her to a table.

I don't know why, while she was singing she looked quite at peace and now all I could see was discomfort on her face. She sat on the table which was full of men. There were 6 men on the table and she was the only girl.

Does that make her uncomfortable?
Or is it something else?

The man who was holding her hand made her sit beside some other man and she was just looking at him
Hopefully?

"Dude! What are you soo focused on?" Akshay asked and I looked at him muttering a nothing.

Her eyes are soo expressive!