I want to be myself again!

Naira Datta

I got down on the airport and was looking around for the one who was going to come pick me up.

Well, I left mumbai and got here where I could feel home for a few a days.
My Dadi, Dadu lives over here in Goa.
My brother also stays here with his wife and kids. That's a very long story why my brother doesn't want to stay back in mumbai.

"Bua!" I heard a cute little girl's voice and I turned towards that direction.

There was a wide smile on my face as I looked at my cute little niece standing there in her father's arms waving her hands at me excitedly.

"Piya, I missed you my baby." I said taking her in my arms as I reached towards them.

She kissed my cheek and grinned wide.
"So, you didn't miss your brother at all?" Raj Bhai asked me and I looked at him.

"Not more than her. Where is Tia?" I asked and we started walking towards his car.

"I can only handle one trouble at a time. Tia and Piya both together? We wouldn't have reached the airport to pick you." He said and I laughed sitting on the passenger seat.

Tia and Piya are his 4 year old twin daughters.

"I hope you're here for a long vacation now. Because this time Naina wouldn't let you go at all!" He said chuckling.

Usually, I visit them once in every month for 2 days or so. This is the first time I plan on staying longer over here. I was just fed up of everything back there.

I smell my freedom in this air!

Dadu and Dadi are unaware that I'm coming today. Naina Bhabhi sneakily opened the door and let me in.

"Where are they?" I whispered.

"As usual, fighting for the T.V. remote." She said chuckling and I walked towards the living room.

"You were watching the same thing yesterday. Such an oldie! I want to watch my favourite cooking show just shoo away from here." Dadi said glaring at Dadu.

"Cooking show? All the food is prepared by Naina. Why do you want watch the cooking show?" Dadu asked snatching the remote and glaring at her.

"Just a take break guys and turn around." Bhai said and they both turned around.

The moment they saw me they smiled widely.
"Haaayee, meri laadli aa gayi! Abb tum sabko dikhata hu main." Dadu said and I ran towards him and hugged  him.

"Ha ha, bass isko to apne dadu se pyaar hai. Hum to koi hai hi nahi." Dadi said and I laughed at her.

"I missed you." I said hugging her tightly.

I have soo missed this warmth, this feeling.

"What's wrong with you?" Dadi whispered and I just shook my head in a no still holding her.

"Tu apne dada ki kitni bhi laadli kyu na ho, main tujhe acche se janti hu. Tu itna bada bag leke aayi hai. Kuch to jaroor hua hai." She said and I sat between them.

"I and Shlok have applied for divorce." I said and I expected them to ask me the reason or atleast make me understand about anything. What I didn't expect was they would start grinning widely.

"Raj, I think we should celebrate tonight. Don't you think? Such a great news!" Naina Bhabhi said and I looked at her confused.

"You are better off that stupid fellow. I've never liked him anyways." Daadu said and I smiled.