Chapter 104: the name is Lulus ★.

I snicker as I see a familiar name appear on the display.

 It's not often she contacts me after nine o'clock at night.

Momentarily, I ponder if something has gone wrong with the sports drink commercial I filmed last week. I doubt if anything went wrong with the shooting of the sports drink commercial last week. But I deny it, because I was confident that I had more than perfected the image that the director and the company wanted from me during that shoot.

 That said, did they install me on an urgent new job?

 It was also a rather free week, with only two fashion magazine shoots this week.

 Anyway, there was no point in thinking about it, so I picked up my smartphone, which was trembling with incoming calls.

''Sinki. Is everything alright now?'

 Her voice, coming through the receiver, calls me at my usual pace.

 I answer in my usual tone.

'Yes, I'm fine. Manager Tokunaga .'

'I'm sorry it's so late at night.'

 Tokunaga apologises, looking a little embarrassed.

'That's unusual.

'...... 'Well...'

 The slightly clouded manager's tone of voice makes me feel that there is something going on after all.

 She scouted me when I was in my first year of high school, and even though I've been indebted to her up until now, her uncharacteristic behaviour deepens my suspicion.

 Maybe I'm a bit nervous because of some strange phenomena that have been happening around me recently.

'What's wrong? Is there something wrong with your work or ......?"

Tokunaga-san tries her best to arrange work in line with my wishes. Tokunaga-san has shown the utmost understanding and management of the things that I don't want to do as much as possible. She is my family member who respects my way of being, denying me offers to appear in gravure and TV programmes and opportunities in the entertainment industry. Still, there have been a few clashes so far.

 I straighten up my residence and wait to hear what she will have to say.

'I don't have any problems with your work,' she says. It's going rather well. You're doing a great job, thank you.

'Tokunaga has always been a great help to me, negotiating appearances, publicity, managing the schedule, etc.'

That's my job. Don't worry about it.'

 It's my job to do my best as a model, so it's only natural. It get a cold reply, as if to say that it's our mutual respect.

'My next goal is to appear in a drama by Shinki. We'll work hard together.'

 At first glance, others who see her attitude often have the impression that she is a cool-headed worker. But underneath her cool face she hides a passionate enthusiasm.

''Yes, I do. I will do my best in each and every job''.

'You're going to college, too, right? 'I'm going to make sure I have enough time in my schedule to get to school. Plus, I'll have time for your hobbies.'

 It's also considerate. That is why we have been able to work together as good business partners for three years. However, Tokunaga-san has always conveyed to me that she really wants to give me more work.