Chapter 47 Privileged class (2)

'Well, being a mercenary with a carriage, I don't need a raffle ticket.'

 When we reached the entrance to the castle, the so-called castle gate, we were handled by Deus the Divine Soldier. Deus the Divine Soldier, with his helmet cheek mask down from the carriage window, was dressed with only his head peeking out and continued his explanation.

'The mercenaries with the carriages are allowed to go to any venue they like. 'They can choose any of the three venues: the Ash King's banquet hall, the courtyard or the invitation tower.'

 A glimpse outside reveals that the castle's huge, massive doors are double-edged, with two rows of Deus the Divine Soldier with spears and shields at either end of them.

'Why are you holding raffle tickets?'

'At the Fairy Ball, Her Majesty will only be seen in the 'Ash King's Banquet Hall'. Because of the capacity of those venues, we have set up a lottery system so that mercenaries are not allowed to choose."

 Deus the Divine Soldier, who answers my questions more politely than I would have thought possible.

 I mean, after all, the king of Michelangelo is also going to show up at the ball.

 It is true that the crowds behind him would have flooded the "Ash King's Banquet Hall Hall" if a lottery system had not been applied.

 However, it would be unfair to say that mercenary players on foot have no choice in the lottery system, while mercenary players with horse-drawn carriages can freely choose the venue. There is a difference in treatment.

'Why do carriage-holders get to choose the venue?'

'Our Majesty favours the powerful.'

 I see.

 Carriages are expensive.

 So economic power is the most obvious indicator of power.

 If you want to see the king, you have to have the right kind of power. So you have to show that first with your financial power?

 The inorganic voice of Deus the Divine Soldier does not reveal what kind of person the king is and why the Divine Soldiers have sworn their allegiance to him.

 However, in his decisive attitude and his mannerisms, he eloquently states that reverence for the king's guidelines is the law here.

 So, at least in Michelangelo, the carriage is not just a mobile item for looking good.

 We chose, without hesitation, the 'Ash King's Banquet Hall Hall'.

'Once you arrive at your chosen venue, if you go outside the venue even once, you are automatically transferred outside the castle gates. You must not wander around inside the gates carelessly. Also, it is impossible to move from one venue to another."

 I would like to see the face of Michelangelo's monarch, who is such a salt-of-the-earth monarch, because of the journey to the castle gates.

'In peacetime, only those who have been given special permission are allowed to enter the castle. This time, this is your pass.'

When Deus the Divine Soldier said this, a system log was played.

: 'Invitation to Michelangelo's Ball 【Hall of the Ash King's Banquet Hall】': 'I got the invitation to Michelangelo's Ball.

' 'Then, off you go.'

 Following Deus the Divine Soldier's instructions, we silently walked through the castle gates.