Chapter 26: Lifelong friends.

I am crying with joy to be in the 50th position in the daily and overall ranking.

 After all that, I, Butsafutsu Shuntaro Jintaro, who was made to change into a monastic uniform, am sitting on a chair in the confessional Zangetsu Shitsu.

 I am now a silver-haired young sister.

 I was concerned that such a young girl would not be convinced to hear my confession, but that seems to be somehow okay, as we are unable to see each other's faces.

 Sister Leanne is also watching us from a position about three metres back, so she will be able to follow up if we do get hit.

'I have damaged a precious flower.'

 The boy who solemnly and quietly recounts his sins from over the front wall?

 The voice that came to the confessional was the owner of the voice, who was probably the same age as me.

'Flowers, is it ......'

 Do they have a hobby of growing flowers?

 As the same high school boy, I thought that was unusual.

''To the young buds that have not yet fully blossomed, I am. I was so eager to show off my power that I took a hard-line approach."

' Yes. ......'

 Hmmm ...... I see.

 You said you were proud of your considerable knowledge and experience in growing flowers. That's why he tried some ground-breaking cultivation method on the shoots, the culmination of all the efforts he had made so far.

' But instead of delivering my thoughts and feelings, I ...... unceremoniously ...... still love them!"

 As he spoke, did he vividly recall the scene at the time?

 The voice coming from the other side of the room had turned into a pained moan.

'Don't worry. I am listening to your repentance.'

 You may need a little reassurance.

 You are not the only one who knows your sins at this moment.

 I slowly spun the words, conscious of my gentle tone, so that you would know that you are not alone.

'Under the blessing of the Rainbow Goddess, I am with you.'

 Thinking back, I was a little relieved when I received lines of appreciation from Kouya  and Yuuki right after I made my confession.

 I realised that just by thinking that I wasn't alone, I felt so much relief.

''What a compassionate word ......, after all, Boku no Hana is noble and beautiful.''

 Hmm.

 I don't know what it is, but I can picture the flowers as they were when they were healthy, and I feel a little calmer?

''My actions have resulted in you being hurt ...... and I've even acted out a blunder that has made you break your oath ....... ......''

 This desperation.

 Instead of treating the flower as a mere plant, one can imagine a pious figure deliberately using the designation Kimi... to pray to heaven for forgiveness.

'But I, who still ...... sinned, continue to love you in this way. I hope that one day, when you are in full bloom, I will be the light that warmly protects you by your side - I wish."