Chapter 100: The Alchemist Who Creates Life

'If you want to sell it, how about weapons materials? There's still a surplus of ores in the veins near the mining town of Greldi."

No. ...... I don't know. Even though we won't update the status of weapons and armour until new areas and towns are conquered, isn't it about time that first-tier mercenary players found some uncharted territory?"

While listening to my two best friends' discussion, I turn my attention to the lanterns, which I'm somewhat curious about.

'Still, with all the new mercenary players coming in, I don't see the market fluctuating, do you?

'So you're saying you're going to sell a lot at a low price?

'Well, isn't that safer than a get-rich-quick policy?

But who's going to come to an event and go out of their way to buy materials?

They'll just buy it on the way to something else.

So you're saying that the festival will loosen the purse strings?

Right.

'So you'll need something to highlight the event, after all. A product suitable for a summer festival event'.

''That's right. ...... And by the way, we have quite a lot of things to sell. ...... Taro, you've got to be part of the conversation''.

 Oops, I think I was looking too much at the lanterns.

 Well, that's it. Yes, this lantern.

Oh, um, what about the scrawny, morbidly white dwarf?

' What the h... That."

"Oh, my God, that's disgusting. Rejected."

Kouya and Yuuki took one look at the lantern, which is also a crystal of alchemy, and shuddered.

As it was, it was a clean slap.

This is no good. In the first place, I think the weapon material is also no good.

'Well, that's right. ......

'It's too plain. If so, I think it would be better to resell the weapons themselves, or to have a variety of items.

' 'Well, resale is not very profitable, and the items are not very good either. It's a very good idea''.

' 'But, you know, it's an event, right? it is also an event, you know, where a boss character could suddenly appear again. There would be a demand for it.''

' 'That's true, but hmmm...' 'Taro, what else do you suggest? Taro, do you have any other ideas?''

 Hmm?

 Hmm?

' 'Hmm, how about a man-fish?''

 I reply, staring at the lantern.

"'What's that?"

' 'Hey, I can't do that, it's too creepy.'

This is how I continued to have strategy meetings with Koya and the others about what to sell at the 'stall'.

----

----

 In the end, they came to the conclusion that no good ideas had yet come to mind, and the meeting was temporarily broken up with the idea that it would be held again at a later date.

'Hmmm ...... 'So that's exactly what breeding is.'

 In the shop after the two had disappeared, I muttered to myself as I compared the two lanterns.