Chapter 15 Assault!

We were resting on a grassy area around a large tree that had not yet sunk into the lake, when suddenly Kouya pointed to the water 20 metres away.

'Hey, that was...'

Yuuki is the first to set up his sword and shield, and Shizuku-san also has a staff and directs her attention in that direction.

Something is slowly approaching us, undulating, zigzagging ripples on the surface of the water.

'It's a water snake.'

Kouya nodded to Yuuki's analysis.

''He's a pretty formidable opponent in this line-up."

"Taro San, let's work hard together."

The serious atmosphere of the PT propagates to me.

Stare at the water snake to get a clear view of it at a glance.

Suddenly, the water breaks and the head of a snake appears where the ground is raised.

 It was only for a moment, and then it slithered away into the water.

But the long torso was still visible during that time until the tail subsided.

The fact that the snake was as thick as a thin log gives rise to a shuddering sensation.

Based on its length, it is estimated to be 7-8 metres long.

'Hey, ko. Isn't he a bit big for a snake?"

'Oh, that's a big one. And if it bites you, you'll get heavy damage plus the condition 'poison'."

'Besides, in the water it moves so fast, so there is no way of winning.'

'I guess the only saving grace is that they don't use magic.'

As soon as she said so, Yuuki "'Appeal! And exercised hate-attracting abilities.

 Thoroughly, the ripples on the surface of the water come closer to us.

 While Kouya  was still wearing his basket gauntlets, he took out his short cane and began chanting.

'Resonate with us, O hand of the primordial flame.'

 Yuki Yuki and Shizuku-san watch Kouya Kouya's chanting with bated breath.

 A few seconds of waiting and waiting.

'It's no good. I can't solve it. ......"

 Apparently, they could not solve the problem presented and could not activate the magic.

'We won't make it in time now, so we'll just keep fighting!'

 Shizuku-san and kouya respond vigorously to Yuuki's order.

'Yes!'

''Oh!''

 I also draw my small sword from its sheath and get into a fighting stance.

 But to be honest, I think a snake of that size is pretty bad.

 Clan Clan is too realistic.

The glimpsed scales are shiny and slimy, giving the viewer a sense of discomfort, and the sheer size of the mass up close makes one reluctant to get up close and personal.

 I haven't seen a snake that big since I was born.

'Hey, Taro. Are you scared?"

 In this situation, with the enemy closing in, Kouya Kouya Kouya teased me, fiddling with the rims of his glasses.