Chapter 48 - The Fierce Ones.

We were on high alert before we had time to introduce ourselves to each other.

 Earlier, I was unintentionally upset by  Kouya's attack on my handsome breath from my ear, and I was so upset that I showed my true colours, but I raised my guard once again.

 It can't be helped that they found out that we are not NPCs.

 Then, we just have to march on strong here.

The crowd of mercenary players buzzing around them is silently cut through by George, who is leading the way.

For some reason, the mercenaries who stand in front of George make a frightened face and clear the way for him with a frightened look on their faces, which is strange.

Well, thanks to George, I can't stop moving forward. I was wondering if it would get more entangled, but there was a mercenary player who tried to talk to me directly, partly because there was Kouya and  Yuuki , who showed menace towards the surroundings, sandwiched between me and Mina.

Yuuki grips the hilt of the sword at his waist, indicating to those around him that he can draw his sword at any time.

Kouya Kouya is also wearing a basket gauntlet as his main weapon.

 The two are fully armed and their attire is not that of a ballroom attendee.

''Who are those guys from?''

' That's Yuko from a small mercenary clan called the Hyakki Yagyo, a middle-ranking member of the ...... small mercenary clan ....... ......'

' 'Why are such people with Iron-Blooded George -?'

''The Hundred Riders of the Night, hey ......, are you more like a knight protecting a mysterious princess?''

 Whispering whispers of mercenary players, who speculate and comment verbally, are overheard.

 A clear voice interrupts the murmur of the crowd to ask the people around them: 'What do you think of this?

'Don't you think a mere knight is not strong enough! Gentlemen!"

 The owner of the voice spreads his arms out and gazes single-mindedly at us with an arrogant attitude, as if he has nothing to fear.

 It is Guren-kun, a boy with fiery red hair and fine dressing gowns, from 'The Night of One Hundred Demons'. He is accompanied by his deputy, Yukio-kun, behind him.

'My princess, we are here to welcome you.'

 The sleepless mage, who thought he was walking towards us with a tsukatsuka, quickly interrupted George and me and dashingly got down on one knee.

Glenn-kun confidently brushes his fringes back with his right hand and reaches out with his left.

 I nodded my head in an intimate manner, as if this was a normal thing to do.

'That's quite an attitude, isn't it, Glenn '.

 Kouya  admonishes Gurren-kun.

'You think we're at war and we're just going to give our friend Taro to you, our enemy, without a second thought ?'

Yuuki  immediately follows up.

However, Glenn-kun smiles coolly, as if he doesn't care about such things.

'It's foolish. This is a matter between the two of us, me and the princess, and you have no right to interject from the side.

 No, well, maybe you're right.

'At this ball, it is decided that I will play a major role in escorting the princess. Because the lovely princess herself nominates me, her good friend."