Chapter 86: Ordinary Lives Lost.

When I entered the changing room for female teachers and staff with Sister Leanne, my first thought was, 'It's a bit dazzling'. The teachers' lockers were shining and reflecting in the sunlight.

 I watch the fine shimmer of dust in the air and pull back the blackout curtains ahead of the sisters.

'Here you go'.

Sister Leanne, who has made sure that the room is no longer visible from the outside, suddenly hands me a white robe.

'Um, don't you take measurements?'

No, it's fine. It will fit you perfectly.

 Sister Leanne replies in a matter-of-fact manner.

 I see. The monastic clothes I have always been allowed to wear have been roughly adjusted to my size.

 I accept the clothes obediently, although I have some doubts as to why she took the trouble to take my measurements.

'This is not something that is given to just anyone.'

 Saying this, Sister Leanne points to the pure white vestments on my hands.

'These are nun's vestments given by the Church only to those who have the right to receive the blessing of the Goddess.'

 It seems like a very valuable piece of clothing.

 I haven't even joined the church yet, but I'm starting to get nervous.

'Oh, no, you can't just give me a ......'.

I have been watching you and your conduct. You are truly kind, you listen to the voices of those who come to your church, and you answer them with dedication.

 Sister Leanne smiles and smiles.

It's just like the way of the 'Rainbow Goddess'. Now, please try it on.

' 'Yes, yes. ''

i had been taught how to put on the nun's uniform by Sister Leanne before, when i was imitating her, so i was able to put it on easily.

 However, there were a few differences from the nun's habit she had worn before.

 Firstly, the fabric is only white and gold. The one I wore in church had a lot of black and only a little bit of white around the edges.

'The clothes are basically similar to the vestments worn at official ceremonies. As I told you earlier, it is a religious garment given by the Church only to those who will receive the blessing of the Goddess.'

' Yes.'

 And the veil on her head was also different.

 The previous one was a head covering so that the hair did not stick out too much. This vestment, however, only has a veil with thin platinum lace woven into it.

'Your hair colour is ...... 'It is a colour that even the gods could not create. To hide that silver thread is nothing. With awe, gratitude and friendliness, I have lost the hat part.'

 I don't know about you, but I felt a little grateful.

 I felt a little grateful, even if I didn't know what it was, because I had been feeling a little uncomfortable in the hat that held my hair up.

And this is the object that denotes your rank.

 The Sister showed me a rosary with a silver circular ring on it.

 It was connected to a thin chain and, on closer inspection, there was a single small blue gemstone embedded in the metal.

If you decide to become a member of the Church of the Rainbow Goddess Arco Iris, you will first be given the rank of 'reader'. However, your vestments indicate that you are at least a 'deaconess'. In some cases, your rank may even be that of 'Deacon Deacon'."