Memory

Marnie dreamed that night but instead of lessons she had a memory

'you say you want to know what happened my little petal?'

'Yes, if that's okay?' marnie questioned.

'well my brother gave me this.' He pointed to his face. His scarred face. 'He pressed me to the fire like I was a nice juicy mutton chop.'

'Why?' Marnie questioned running small fingers along his face.

'He thought I stole one of his toys. I didnt steal it I was just playing with it....' Marnie sat in his lap as he spoke he ran a hand up and down her back. 'the pain was bad, the smell was worse. But the worst thing was my brother did it... my father protected him. And told everyone my bed had caught fire...'

'I want to kill him' marnie declared. 'Maybe i could wish him dead?' Marnie offered

'Thats real nice of you petal but i think i need to be the one to kill him.' Sandor told her.

'Im really sorry he did that to you.'

'Its not your fault petal'

'Im sorry everyone treats you so horrible for it too,' marnie added

'You never treated me horrible. Why you apologizing for those cunts?' Sandor questioned

'Because they are never going to be brave or kind enough to apologize themselves.' Marnie informed him.

'You're a sweetheart you know that petal?'

'You're my favorite person, ever.' Marnie told him

'Really? Wow. Thats nice. You wanna know something?' She nodded. 'You're my favorite person ever too.'

When she woke she had tears in her eyes. She missed sandor and tyrion. She missed them so much and they probably thought her dead. But sandor hated fire, and now fire blazed from her hands, surely he would hate her. surely he would want a witch like her dead.

*************

Bran startled awake Meera shaking him.

'Why did you wake me?' Bran Questioned annoyed.

'You were gone for hours' Meera told him

'I was hungry' he told them but really he had seen Marnie again. She was with a group of people sitting around a fire she was watching him, as he was watching her, as a raven she stared up at him she didn't have fire coming from her hands this time in her eyes with her usual Amber but she watched him as if she knew but then she turned back to her companions and didn't look back up into the trees at all but he sat there in the tree watching her apparently for hours.

'We're all hungry'

'I was just eating' Bran told them

'Summer was eating' Jojen corrected 'your body can't live on the food you're wolves consume. Spending too much time in summers bodies dangerous. You are not a dire wolf, thought it must be glorious though to run, to Leap, to Hunt, to be whole.' Jojen told him. 'I know it's tempting if you're trapped in summer for too long you'll forget what it is to be human' Bran ate a piece of bread Meera offered him.

'You would forget us, you would forget your mother and father and brother and sisters you would forget Winterfell, you would forget you and if we lose you we lose everything.' Meera told him. He ate silently avoiding their eye.

'Hodor take me to the tree' Bran told him and Hodor picked him up bringing him to the tree placing him down at the roots. The tree had a face and its trunk and vibrant red leaves when he touched the tree his eyes went white.

'I know where we have to go' he told them.