Without thinking she shot up, grabbing the bedside lamp and pulling it free from the plug, raising it above her head in an attempt to knock out whoever was intruding but at the very last second she recognised the outline through the hazy darkness of her room.

"Derek?" she shrieked, loosening her grip on the lamp as she let her arms fall to her sides, "what the hell are you doing climbing through my window at... five in the morning?" craning her neck to see the time on her alarm clock.

"I was shot"

"Wow, blunt as ever" she remarked before helping him stand and move him to sit on her bed as she turned her other lamp on in which Derek cringed, jerking his head in the other direction.

"Is that a necessity?" he bit out, annoyed and cranky.

"Not all of us have heightened werewolf senses" she retorted, rolling her eyes, "are you healing?"

"That's the thing... I'm not"

She frowned, "you're not healing?"

He held out his arm, rolling the sleeve of his leather jacket up so she could see the circular bullet hole that had caved a good chunk of his arm out, spider like veins beginning to branch out from the wound.

"Nasty" she stated, ignoring the roll of his eyes, "who shot you?"

"Argent"

"Chris argent?" she demanded, "he did this?"

"No" Derek shook his head, "the other one. Kate"

The name rung a bell, but she couldn't place where she heard it from.

"His sister" Derek clarified at her confused look, "she's come back to town"

"Oh great... another one" she muttered sarcastically, "just what we need"

Derek winced a little, trying to straighten out his arm but she could tell it was hurting he just wasn't wanting to admit it.

"I'll clean it up" she said, "wait there"

She went into her bathroom, opening the storage cupboard under her sink and pulled out a box of first aid supplies, carrying it back and laying it on the bed as she perched next to Derek, reaching for his arm.

"Be gentle!"

She rolled her eyes again, grabbing the disinfectant.

"I always am"

She cleaned the wound, not too sure if it would help or not, then used a pair or tweezers to pull out any dirt or bits of fabric that clung to it, tapping it dry and applying a little disinfectant cream around it before sticking down some clean gauze to stench the gunk, blood and pus that slowly seeped from the wound.

"It looks bad" she observed, "is it wolfsbane? Because if it is... Derek..."

"I know" he sighed, rolling his sleeve back down, "I know"

"We need to find out what kind" she said, "wolfsbane works fast"

"I'm sure that's what they're planning on"

"If Kate is back then she'll be staying with Chris and Allison right?" she wondered out loud, "maybe between Scott and I, we could see if we could find the bullet?"

"Not you" Derek immediately said, "it's too dangerous"

"And so is leaving you like that" she exclaimed, "Derek... you'll be dead within two days if we don't fix this"

"You're a Hale" he said tightly, his pale face nearing on grey, getting clammy and sweaty, "they'll be watching you like a hawk, looking for any excuse to hurt you. You can't go"