075

_________

_________

"FUCKING HELL." draco cursed, watching as neville longbottom swung the sword of gryffindor straight through nagini, turning to aurelia and pansy with hopeful eyes.

moments prior the young couple had found aurelia in quite a struggle and had quickly gotten her and returned her safely to the others.

"ivy!" blaise yelled, running up to the girl with theo close behind.

"what? what's wrong?" she asked hurriedly, eyes wide in anticipation.

"it's harry." was all blaise said before aurelia was sprinting away to find him, a crowd of people right behind her though they kept their distance as they watched aurelia approach harry's body.

aurelia ran next to him, pulling his body to her lap and cupping his face. "harry? harry?" she said shakily, feeling his pulse but feeling even more anxious when he didn't respond.

"harry potter i swear—."

harry reached his arm up around aurelia's neck to bring their lips together, his head resting comfortably in her lap as he smiled into the kiss like the cheshire cat.

"swear what? that you love me?" he mumbled in a haze, pulling away for only a second before he smashed their lips together once more, oblivious to his injuries and the crowd of witches and wizards behind them.

"don't you ever scare me like that again." she warned, leaning her forehead against his. "i can't live in a world without you harry."

"neither can i."

aurelia laughed softly. "i'm not sure if you know this, but i'm kind of completely and utterly in love with you. you're kind of a big deal for my well being."

"i didn't realize i was so needed." harry cheesed.

"and now that you do?"

"i won't ever let you go." he said, nothing but the truth in his words as they kissed again, bodies wrapping around one another in the bliss of being alive and well.

they hadn't been the most fortunate but they were together and that was all that mattered.

"YOU WERE SCREAMING." dean thomas laughed, falling back into neville's side at the look of blaise's face.

"he sounds like a girl, it's so high pitched." theo added, holding the back of his neck when blaise slapped him.

"prat."

aurelia laughed from a distance, watching as all her friends interacted with the others in some way, all but draco as he had the most to apologize for and he knew it'd take more than winning a war to do that.

"pansy seems okay now." aurelia noticed as she and draco sat on a bench.

"she's smiling so that's a start." draco observed, biting his lip out of habit. "i think she turned herself in." draco mumbled, picking at the dirt underneath his nails.

"who?"

"my mother." he sighed. "most of them were probably caught as they were leaving i'm sure."

"what does that mean for us?"

"weekly trips to azkaban, if we're lucky."

aurelia only nodded, she had been so high off of her being alive that she hadn't given much thought to those who might've lost their freedom.

"mind if i sit?" harry asked, giving draco a glance to see his response.

"should i leave to give you two some privacy?" he joked, referring to the last time he caught the two alone together.

"no, we should probably have a conversation of our own—since i'll see more of you."

aurelia leaned her head on harry's shoulder as he spoke and patted draco's shaky knee at the same time.

"why would we see more of each other?"

"i'm lia's boyfriend and you're basically her brother, it's only natural." harry said simply, his head going to rest on aurelia's as he was starting to feel more exhausted than ever before.

aurelia tuned out any and all conversation after that, allowing herself to stop and watch all that was happening around her even if it was slow progress, it would mean something in the long run.

she gave george and sylus a small wave from where they were seated, smiling as sylus braided luna's hair and seemed to be getting george to crack even the smallest smile.

blaise and theo were laughing away with dean, neville, and seamus, and pansy was chating away with ginny—though it looked like pansy was doing more of the talking than anything.

either way aurelia was happy.

sad that some of the ones she loved didn't make it but she was proud that she could tell them one day that it was worth it.

that one day she'd be able to tell her mother that she found love, a love she wanted to keep forever and how voldemort had no power over her even in the end, that he might've cared for her in some way but he's gone and can never hurt another.

she'd tell astoria and cory that they did it. that astoria didn't die for nothing and that they will both be key parts of history, aurelia would make sure of that.

she'd tell her uncle that sylus stayed with his love and that he's in good hands.

she'd tell fred that george gets better everyday, it takes time and some days are better than others but he's learning, learning to live without him, she is too.

she's learning how to live without all of them, learning how to say "it's not my fault" and believing it.

learning how let go and grow with those around her, to be a stronger version of herself, to be the woman her mother wished for her to be.

a strong, confident, goal oriented, lovable young woman.

zetta didn't raise her child to be weak.

because a lovelace is never just never that, weak.