028

_________

_________

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK since the whole ministry debacle and aurelia was over it all.

after passing out she was immediately taken home where her friends stayed by her side for two days until she woke up. her mother and aunt were no where to be found—as were the other parents.

since she'd woken up everyone had been on their toes, now that they had experienced such things they all knew it was only a matter of time before they were going to be given their dark mark.

"can i speak to you for a second?" draco whispered, leaning in the girl's doorway.

she followed him down the hall to one of the guest bathrooms and closed the door, the boy's face a light shade of pink.

"draco what's wrong?"

draco took a shaky breath in before speaking. "we're getting them soon."

"i know."

"no i mean within the next three days. when he returns to the manor we'll be getting them immediately."

aurelia's palms went hot. "why are you just telling me this?"

"i've already told sylus and i'll tell the others later. i know you both have people you care about and it won't be safe once we're fully marked so go and find him before things get worse."

aurelia was shocked to say the least. he'd come around to the whole idea of them within a matter of seconds and she genuinely appreciated him for it.

"but why?"

"why what?"

"why are you okay with us? i thought you hated him."

"i just strongly dislike him." draco placed his hands on both sides of aurelia's arms. "but you're basically my sister and whatever happiness you can find i want you to have. so yes i might find it incredibly weird but you're happy and i want you to have any moment you can."

aurelia's laughed softly and hugged the boy. she knew this was his way of making things up to her without actually having to say it—which was the easy way out but she loved it all the same.

"thank you."

"yes, yes now go before someone comes back. sylus has already gone. just be back before 11."

aurelia nodded and ran out the bathroom, rushing to her room and pulling out a pen and some parchment.

she wrote quickly and folded it, not bothering to put it in an envelope.

she kissed it and in seconds it was disappearing from her hand. she only hoped harry would write something back, she wasn't entirely sure where they stood after the ministry.