065

_________

_________

THE NIGHT OF DUMBLEDOOR'S DEATH

aurelia and draco stood still, hands clasped together in the chill of the night as severus stood several feet in front of them, watching as dumbledore was placed in his tomb with final goodbyes.

aurelia was scared for her life as she had been the one to disarm the deceased man, ultimately becoming the owner of the wand, but severus would never put that burden on her.

so he had scooped the two away in the middle of the night to take care of it and reunite the wand with its owner, the owner who would take care of it through the afterlife.

the officials soon apparated away and severus moved quickly, like a shadow through the trees to wear the man lay.

aurelia moved to follow him but draco help her back, knowing severus never got the proper goodbye, a goodbye he might've wanted.

no words had really been spoken between the two, they were both scared beyond belief and worried for their own sake.

they didn't know how to process everything that had happened.

severus waived them over and the two walked over hand in hand like to small, timid children.

aurelia handed him the wand, feeling no better when it left her touch and severus clasped it in dumbledore's cold, dead hands.

with one last look severus closed the casket and gave it a small pat, ushering them away as the sky became darker.

draco gave aurelia's hand two squeezes, wordlessly telling her that she'd be okay, but aurelia knew putting the wand away like that would only cause problems in the future.

but she didn't have the authority to object or suggest something else.

PRESENT DAY

"you've been staring at nothing for a while." aurelia commented, looking up at harry as she threw rocks into a puddle.

they were spending the night under an abandoned bridge and harry had been more quiet than usual since they arrived and it was worrying aurelia.

"just thinking." he said, sending her a soft smile.

he'd been contemplating about asking her to be his girlfriend but he wasn't sure how to make it romantic under the circumstances.

"thinking about what?"

"you."

aurelia looked at him with a confused smile as he sat next to her, intertwining their fingers and holding it up to the sky.

"why me?" aurelia asked quietly.

harry shrugged. "i was wondering about something."

"and what might that be?"

harry examined their hands as he hummed in thought. "do you know what ring you want?"

aurelia's heart began beating faster than before even if she didn't know what ring he was talking about, but the fact that he said it so casually had caught her off guard. "something elegant and simple."

"nothing big?"

she shook her head. "nothing big."

"and your dress?"

"my wedding dress?"

harry nodded, fixing her fly-aways as the wind had messed up her hair. "what dress do you want?"

aurelia thought for a moment, subconsciously holding harry's arm as she leaned on his shoulder. "my mother's dress, i want to wear hers." she said, smiling at the thought of younger her when she used to hide in it, thinking it was the most magnificent dress she had ever seen.

"and our wedding colors?"

"a sage green obviously."

"you think i'd look good in green?" harry asked with a small laugh.

"i think you'd look lovely in green." aurelia teased. "our wedding will be perfect." aurelia's heart was beating a mile a minute as she heard herself speak, she didn't know the last time she had felt this nervous around harry.

"i'll do everything i can to make it your dream wedding."

"our dream wedding—and i'll be happy regardless as long as it's you i'm marrying."

aurelia turned to meet harry's eyes but found him already looking at her.

his eyes held nothing but fondness and warmth as he leaned in to kiss her, aurelia couldn't see herself with anyone besides harry, he was her person and everything about him made her happy, even on her worst day.

"i love you." harry whispered against her lips, allowing the girl to pull herself back as her eyes were already watery. "i've loved you for a long time but i never got the chance to tell you and that night at the tower when i was on the ground i heard you."

"you heard me?" she choaked out, mouth open slightly as she stared at him in disbelief.

"i heard everything, i would've taken you with me that night had i not been unable to move."

aurelia's tears ran down her face but harry thought she was still the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

aurelia reached out to grab his face, placing both her hands on either side as she laughed breathlessly.

"i love you, harry." she smiled. "i really, really love you."

harry felt his stomach go crazy as butterflies swarmed all around and he listened to aurelia repeat the words "i love you" almost a thousand times but he never once asked her to stop and he didn't think he would ever again.

"you're it for me lia." harry said, kissing her lips. "no one but you."

"no one but you." aurelia repeated, leaning in to connect their lips once more, a feeling she swore would never get old. "no one but you."