052

_________

_________

"HE'LL RECOVER FAST." severus spoke, standing at the door as all the teens listened to him.

pansy and astoria were next to draco's bed, both girls in tears at the boy's physical and mental state.

"i'll leave you all, i'll be back shortly." severus informed, shutting the door with a small click.

"who did it?" blaise asked.

draco didn't say anything as pansy drew random lines on the palm of his hand. he couldn't bring himself to tell them.

"draco? sylus?"

"we can't say."

blaise sucked in a breath out of frustration, feeling like he was constantly being left out of things. "since when does no one tell me anything anymore?"

"because you like to make decisions for us." sylus mumbled.

"that's how you feel sylus?"

sylus nodded and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. "yes, that's exactly how i feel blaise. you have our best interests at heart but will try to keep us from danger in a controlling way. you overreact and lead on with your heart too much."

"sylus." astoria scolded. "why would you say that?"

"because it's the truth."

blaise didn't try to retaliate or say anything else on the matter—and even if he wanted to sylus had an agenda of his own.

"that's not fair to blaise. you can't just say things like that."

"astoria, with all due respect it's not as if you've been around to know what happens between any of us. you're always with cory. i'm happy for you, i truly am—but you haven't been around enough to know what's going on." he said, looking at all his friends with no guilt behind his eyes. "as a matter of fact none of you have been around."

"that's not our fault." theo whispered.

"maybe, but it is a fact." he said. "tell me how many of you have noticed the changes in draco and aurelia's behavior?"

aurelia gave the boy a side eye from her place next to the door. he'd used her actual name opposed to her nickname so she knew he wasn't happy.

when no one answered sylus's question he laughed lightly to himself. "of course you haven't. i can't say i blame any of you, it's a good thing you've been so caught up in your own little worlds."

"so why are you mad?"

"i'm not mad." sylus said. "it's just annoying being the only one worried about all of you."

"no one told you to worry." blaise spoke quietly, obviously hurt by the boy's previous comment.

"but it's us blaise. so either way someone needs to worry. and i'm not complaining, think of this as a debrief, a summary of all that the four of you haven't payed attention to."