068

_________

_________

AURELIA GASPED HERSELF AWAKE, forgetting that she'd been at hogwarts for the past few weeks.

after the manor incident bellatrix went on a rage, complaining that things could've been handled properly had draco and aurelia been aware of harry's presence earlier on.

her idea of punishment had been to torture them but after hours of coaxing from narcissa they had been sent back to school, where she hoped they would find a sliver of peace.

some did.

others didn't.

aurelia's first few days were spent reacquainting with her friends, telling them all the good and all the bad, which ranged from being with harry to voldemort teaching her a lesson.

even draco got a few stories here and there—he decided to leave out the part where the dark lord wanted her dead to the others.

"another nightmare?" astoria whispered softly, sitting on the edge of her bed as sylus followed suit.

she could only nod as astoria pulled her head onto her lap and massaged her scalp.

slytherin house had been treated better than the other houses because of severus being the headmaster but it only meant they had better beds—they were still isolated in the dungeons where most of the classy furniture had been removed, leaving then with cotts and mattresses.

sylus gave her a small smile as aurelia sighed in content at astoria's touch, he had missed her like crazy, they all had.

one of the first things that aurelia had told him was that luna was safe and away from the manor, she wasn't dead and quite honestly sylus was just glad for that.

"you think they ever breathe?" sylus whispered, causing the girl's to look over at draco's grip on pansy and blaise's hold on theo's hand as theo read a book in silence.

"probably not." aurelia laughed lightly, thinking about all the nights draco would cry for pansy's touch, and now he was holding her every night.

"how's cory?" aurelia asked, giving theo a wave as blaise started to stir.

astoria gave her a half smile. "he's alright. his parents were killed a few weeks before you two arrived." she said. "i tried to comfort him but he claimed he needed space."

"he doesn't deserve that." aurelia said, a beat of silence following her next words. "none of us do."

aurelia felt as if it was partially her fault, that no matter the outcome of the war some part of it would forever be her fault.

and that terrified her.

it brought upon a fear that she never had to worry about before.

with all that had happened since dumbledore's death she needed some sort of chart or timeline to help her sort everything out but even then she wouldn't want to share it.