001

_________

_________

LOVELACE CASTLE SAT ON A HILL in a field full of dead roses and bushes, despite being one of the most respected, wealthy, and dangerous pure blood families, zetta lovelace preferred her flowers dead.

she said it gave people a warning, that most things that enter the lovelace grounds turn up dead.

she wasn't wrong in the sense that all seven of her husbands had died or turned up "missing" under mysterious circumstances.

the woman had cried during each and every funeral, walking along the small cemetery that she had made for all those who died at the hands of a lovelace.

despite everyone knowing she had killed them all, she paid good money to keep people quiet, that didn't stop the rumors though.

"go fetch my daughter." zetta told one of the house elfs. "tell her to get dressed we mustn't be late."

the small elf nodded and disappeared into aurelia's room, gently ringing the bell, signaling it was time to wake up.

"one more minute, mother." the girl groaned, hiding her face in the silk blankets of her bed.

"i hate to be the bearer of bad news miss aurelia, but your mother says you need to get changed as soon as possible."

aurelia groaned, rolling her eyes and throwing her sheets off her face, looking to her side at the small elf who's name was minnie.

"set out my clothes, please." the girl spoke in her normal soft tone. it always caught people off guard when they heard the girl's voice.

they expected it to be louder or more like her mother which was powerful yet alluring. it didn't take away from her cold demeanor though.

"my shoes minnie." aurelia reminded as she positioned her red ruby necklace in the right spot.

she smiled to herself and stepped back taking in her appearance.

she wore a simple black lace dress that hugged her hips but flowed out towards her knees, makeup minimal and hair flowing past her shoulders.

"there you are." zetta sighed, walking behind her daughter. placing a kiss to her hair. " You look lovely darling as always." aurelia smiled and leaned back against her mother.

she wasn't a perfect parent, but aurelia loved her all the same.

"i see you're wearing your rubies." aurelia nodded and looked back in the mirror at her face immediately going to her biggest insecurity, her eyes.