070

_________

_________

THEO PACED BACK AND FORTH for what felt like the hundredth time, annoying everyone around him except his boyfriend.

he'd been on edge since filch lead them to the dungeons.

in his moment of panic all he'd been doing was thinking of a way to say goodbye to his friends in case he died before he was able to see the end of the war.

as much as he hated the thought he would hate dying without a final goodbye.

so he twirled blaise's ring in between his fingers, mumbling quietly to himself as the others talked amongst themselves, everyone except blaise—who had been watching theo the entire time.

"what in salazar are you saying theo?"

"i'm thinking very hard right now blaise, i'd appreciate it if you didn't disturb the peace." theo reprimanded.

"theo, there is no peace if you continue to do whatever the hell you're doing."

theo sighed and massaged his temples, leaning his back against the wall of the private room they occupied. "i'm trying to do something that is very beneficial should i not live to see next week."

"what in the fresh hell are you talking about?" blaise cursed, studying the boy in anticipation.

"i'm talking about my final goodbyes." theo explained as if it were normal. "i've no idea why i'm the only one thinking ahead."

"why would you be thinking about your final goodbyes?" blaise questioned quietly, his eyes softening as theo's words began to ring in his ear.

final.

goodbye.

"if i don't make it i need you all to know how much i care—really blaise i don't know why none of you are thinking of yours." theo said in a exasperated tone, not noticing how close blaise had been as he wrapped his arms around theo's waist, a hug blaise didn't give often unless he was really down.

"theo you're not going anywhere."

"i know i'm only saying if—."

"if nothing." blaise spoke into his shoulder. "you're not dying theodore. i won't let you."

"i don't think you can control that love." theo whispered, earning an eye roll from blaise as he placed his hands on both sides of theo's face.

"listen, you won't die. that's not even an option, understand?"

theo could only nod wordlessly, a tear pricking his eye as he saw blaise on the verge of crying.

"if you die, i die."

"that's very cliché." theo said shakily, pressing his lips together as another tear rolled down.

"let it be cliché, but you aren't leaving me. i love you way too much for that, we haven't gotten our flat yet."

"it's such a nice flat too." theo said, remembering how they had already picked out a home to live in after school.

blaise nodded. "and our dogs, we haven't picked up gemma and pan yet—and you haven't helped luna and sylus plan their wedding."

"they're going to get married first i'm telling you." sylus said breathlessly, matching blaise's smile as they stared into each other's tear stained eyes.

"you have so much more to do, you can't go anywhere yet." blaise said, meaning every word because without theo he'd go mad. "you can't leave me."

those four words were enough to send theo over the edge as he broke down into sobs and hiccups, clutching onto blaise as if he would in fact disappear at any moment.

theo cried into his shoulder until he was abruptly pulling blaise's face up to meet his, giving him a stern look before saying, "i won't leave you so you better not leave me."

blaise could only nod before theo's lips were on his once again and they were kissing out of fear and adrenaline. "i love you so much." blaise cried, holding the curly haired boy close.

"i love you too." theo said.

ASTORIA LEANED AGAINST PANSY as the three girls stood in silence, listening to all the commotion happening around them as slytherin's tried to leave the dungeons to meet their family and friends.

the wizarding world was in pieces and they'd been ordered to stay in the dungeons of a castle that was soon to be attacked, it had them all on edge.

"we were really born to be the bad guys." pansy mumbled, watching as a group of students tried to make a hole in the wall.

"the old slytherin king sure can make a mark."

aurelia chewed her lip as she thought the impossible question that had been at the back of her mind for forever. "do you think they'll ever forgive us?"

astoria and pansy turned to look at her in the dimness of the room they could make out the overly guilty look plastered on her face.

astoria sighed softly and brought the girl into a hug, kissing the top of her head as aurelia began to tremble, she didn't speak for she truly didn't have an opinion on it, that and the mere fact that she wasn't planning on seeing the end of the war.

"i'm sure with time things will change." pansy spoke, wanting to believe the words herself. "but i think it's our duty to tell the story—the whole story and the truth of it all. the good and the bad."

"you'll be historians." astoria laughed, taking each of the girl's hands in hers.

"we'll be historians." aurelia corrected, hitting her shoulder playfully.

"and we'll make our kids have play dates while we write our first book." pansy smiled, lighting up at the thought of having kids.

"we can make blaise and theo babysit."

"then draco and i can host dinner at our home, like a big family gathering." pansy giggled, falling onto her friends as they all laughed at the ideas of their futures.

though one of them knew she'd be watching from a distance.

in the midst of their laughter a loud disruption was heard and all the slytherin students crowded around the now destroyed wall where a messy hole lied.

and while they were grateful for the exit everyone stopped as they looked towards the dark, clouded sky, where smoke like tendrils were attacking the protective dome over hogwarts.

aurelia could feel her friends gather around her, astoria gripping her hand with no means of letting it go.

aurelia didn't have the best eyesight but she could make out the outline of snatchers and death eaters in the distance, she was sure among them was the man who wanted to kill her, but she was more worried about the safety of her friends and harry.

little did she know her friends first mission was to make aurelia invaluable.