009

_________

_________

OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, aurelia lovelace watched as delores umbridge somehow, someway had gotten the post of high inquisitor of hogwarts. and had made her life more of a living hell than ever before.

the woman was every where, from potions to divination. questioning everything and everyone who did not meet her standards of a perfect hogwarts.

and that is exactly what led to her and the regal eight standing in one of the courtyards, watching as professor trelawney was being thrown out.

"sixteen years i've lived and taught here." the woman cried to delores. "hogwarts is my home. you can't do this."

aurelia watched with panicked eyes, not realizing when her hand had grabbed the bottom of sylus's sleeve.

"actually, i can."

professor mcgonagal walked over to the scene, causing the different groups of students to start whispering. "something you'd like to say?" delores said with a smirk.

"oh, there are several things i would like to say."

the courtyard was filled with silence the moment everyone saw the man, most of it was from the pure shock that he was still around. most of them had thought he had given up on the school entirely.

aurelia, who had still been fidgeting with sylus's shirt sleeve had met the eyes of one harry potter, though the boy was to focused on the headmaster.

aurelia never understood the boy's infatuation with dumbledore. she'd heard of the rumors that the muggles who kept him were more vile than most, and that had been on the man's record.

she thought it was strange that dumbledore put him in that situation and then harry would turn around and run to dumbledore for everything.

"aurelia, let's go."

the girl looked up at the worried and off glances of her friends, she just shook her head and allowed sylus to escort her back to the common room.

DRACO CHEWED HIS LIP, concentrating on the game in front of him, "there have been whispers of some sort of patrol." draco mumbled, boredly moving one of the chess pieces.

"like an army?" astoria asked.

"no? well i'm not sure. umbridge says she needs a group of loyal students for some sort of group. help keep people together i suppose."

sylus moved another chess piece and smirked, knowing he was going to win.

the girls all smirked because out of them all sylus was one of the best at wizards chess.

"oi, what's wrong with you?"

theo hit blaise's shoulder playfully but the boy wasn't having it and instead he stood up and walked out the room.

it wasn't loud or attention bringing, but it made everyone's smiles fall.

"i'll go check on him."

draco went after blaise, leaving the rest of them to look at theodore, who's eyes hadn't moved from the chair blaise was once sitting in.

everyone had their suspicions of the closeness of theo and blaise's relationship. they sometimes didn't know whether they were in love or just friendship.

they never brought it up though, in fear that one of them would get defensive or close somebody off. they knew as close as they all were one day they would know the truth or not.

"i just asked if he was okay."

astoria shook her head and moved to sit next to the boy, resting her head on his shoulder.

"you know blaise. he just needs some time before he talks."

"like you perhaps?"

aurelia rolled her eyes at pansy, knowing the girl was right but the situation wasn't about her at the moment.

"he'll come around, theo." sylus mumbled, patting the boys leg, trying to be discreet as he watched a letter float to a nearby table, the color of the parchment was not the most discreet as he knew it was from one luna lovegood.

LUNA OPENED HER WINDOW as a piece of parchment fell into her hands, the smile that never left her face was shining bright in the moonlight.

she sat on the floor next to her bed as her roommates started to pile into the room.

she knew it may have been wrong to invite sylus and astoria to the first da meeting, but the girl was merely acting on instinct and the fact that she knew they both could be trusted.

she knew sylus meant well, and so did astoria. and she was sure the rest of their friends meant well, but they needed time.

time to figure out who they wanted to be and what road they wanted to take.

luna's mother always told her that she had a gift for seeing the good in people, even when they didn't see it in themselves.

luna lovegood was helping the regal eight, even if none of them were aware of it, including luna.

yes there would be bumps in the road and sometimes tears would be shed, but it would all be worth it in the end, for the regal eight would have chosen their paths.

whether or not in the end they were all together.