54

liked by jackhughes, willzitez, and 9254 othersesmemills  quarantining so at-home photo shoot 📸

esmemills  quarantining so at-home photo shoot 📸

jackhughes  i took this
    -  esmemills  yes you did. good for you to notice :)
        lhughes_06  i love esmeray so much
            user92  i think we know luke

aurivaux  feel better 💗

user26  does she have covid?
    user94  no. at least i don't think so? since she went to vegas they have to quarantine. it's protocol.

user58  so she's quarantining with jack 😏

coming back from vegas, both esmeray and jack had to get tested for covid. although it was protocol and they both have done this a million times before, neither of them liked it.

ty allowed them the apartment, him going to spend the two weeks they had to quarantine at another players house.

jack ended up testing positive, as did esmeray, so they were kind of bummed. he wouldn't be able to go to practices or games, and she wouldn't be able to go to class or see her friends.

although they did have covid, the two weeks were kind of fun. their symptoms weren't severe, only mild-losing taste and smell as well being tired a lot-but they didn't let it bother them.

the two weeks were some of the best for esmeray. she got to focus on her work without any distractions-jack watching hockey every single minute-and she got to spend time with the person she loves most.

there were lots of "dates" that led to making out that led to something more. jack couldn't complain, he did like this time off.

"jack?" esmeray called out to him from the kitchen.

"what's up?" he came into view and snaked an arm around her waist.

"try this." esmeray held out a spoon that had a red substance on it.

"i cant." jack said simply.

"shit. i forgot you can't taste." esmeray sighed.

"what is it though? i'll still eat it." jack questioned.

"red velvet cake. it's my moms recipe but i need someone else to taste the batter. rule number one about my moms cooking." esmeray told him.

jack took the spoon and licked the batter off. he smiled and placed the spoon back in the sink.

"i can't taste it but, i'm sure this is good." jack said, making esmeray smile.

"thank you." esmeray poured the batter into the cupcake liners and settled them out. as she's been home quarantining, she had more time to bake, and each day jack was met with something different. even though they couldn't taste it, jack knew they were good.

"how long do they cook for?" jack asked.

"forty five. then you let them cool and then you ice them." esmeray explained. jack nodded his head and put the tin into the oven. he set the timer and pulled esmeray over onto the couch.

"we get tested tomorrow." jack told her.

"tomorrow depends on if you get to play in the next game or not." esmeray smiled. jack leaned up to kiss her and she moved her hands to place them on either side of his face.

"how long for the cupcakes?" jack asked.

esmeray glanced back at the oven, "forty two minutes."

"come on."