7

"we're going to another party!" auriella squealed, coming into esmeray's room.

"not again." esmeray whined. "i'm not going to another party."

"no, it's not just any party, it's one the hockey boys are throwing." auriella smirked. esmeray looked up.

"what do you mean by 'hockey boys?'" esmeray questioned.

"like hockey boys from the professional level. i got the details." auriella whispered. "maybe jack will be there."

esmeray sighed and looked out her window.

"no. i don't wanna go." esmeray said. "that's final. im really not going."

auriella frowned and left esmeray alone. she spent time on her computer, doing her work that she was given ahead of time from her exercise class.

"you're really not coming?" willow asked. esmeray shook her head no and smiled sadly.

"i'd like to get some work done before the game tomorrow." esmeray said.

"alright, but if i see jack i'll be letting you know." willow told her.

"and maybe i'll come." esmeray chuckled. she went back to working. two hours had gone by and her phone lit up.

willow was calling her, so she answered the phone.

jack's here.

okay? i don't really feel like coming to the party though.

okay, maybe it's for the best.

what do you mean?

nothing..

willow, tell me now.

jack's uh, kissing a girl.

esmeray's heart broke. with the time she had been spending with jack, she started to like him more and more.

willow hung up the call and esmeray stared at her screen. they weren't even dating and esmeray was already jealous. how?

she wasn't ready for morning practice tomorrow.

esmeray sluggishly made her way to the center. she put her bag by her desk and sat down. jack hadn't gotten there yet, and practice was going to start in about ten minutes.

"hey esmeray, you alright?" chris asked as he went to leave the room.

"yeah, i'm fine." esmeray put on a fake smile as jack walked in. chris left so it was only jack and esmeray.

"do you need help?" esmeray asked, coming off a little rude.

"just here for physical therapy." jack explained. the tension in the room was growing every second the two were in there alone.

"ready hughes?" michael asked when he came into the room. jack got up and went to the way back of the room for his half hour therapy.

in the meantime, esmeray got some work done. she was almost done with some of her less important classes, so she was happy.

when jack's therapy was done, he came and sat down next to esmeray.

"hey.." he said. esmeray looked at him, his eyes red from either not getting sleep or from crying. probably from not sleeping.

"hi." esmeray said, putting her full attention to him.

"i uh, wanted to ask you something." jack said.

"go ahead."

"when i saw you that first day here, i've really liked you. i always watch for you wherever you're at in the building." jack started.

"get to the point, i gotta leave in a few minutes." esmeray said firmly.

"i want to take you out. it doesn't have to be a date, just maybe do whatever you want." jack explained.

"like hang out?" esmeray asked, a slight smile on her face.

"yeah. like that." jack smiled.

"sure, i'd like that." esmeray said. jack's smile grew, and he pulled out his phone. she put her number into the phone and gathered her stuff together.

"i should get out to the ice or else coach will kill me." jack said.

"alright, i'll see you later." esmeray watched as jack left the room, and then picked her bag up.

today wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

hey guys, for those who read this, i'm writing another book thing.

i have two and let me know which one you'd like to see.

a trevor zegras book

or a hughes brother imagines and preferences book.