14

surprisingly, ty said esmeray could move in with them. jack was ecstatic and esmeray couldn't thank him enough.

esmeray and jack head to esmeray's "old" apartment to get esmeray's things. she unlocked the door and invited jack inside.

"you can stay out here, or you can come with me. it doesn't matter." esmeray told him.

"i'll come with you." jack said. esmeray grabbed a big duffel bag and started to shove clothes in.

"you're not going to fold them?" jack asked, sitting down in her bed.

"no. i wanna get out of here as fast as i can." esmeray replied. after getting her clothes into the duffel bag, she grabbed another for bag and put a bunch of other things she needed and wanted to bring.

there was a knock at esmeray's door, followed by "esme?"

jack cocked his head to the side while esmeray sighed. esmeray opened the door and faked a smile.

"hi auri." esmeray said. she didn't want to be rude with auriella, but as long as she was still talking to willow, her being nice wasn't going to happen.

"oh, sorry, i didn't know you had company." auriella apologized.

"it's fine, but what do you want? im trying to pack." esmeray asked.

"please don't go. willow just said that cause she was angry, you know her." auriella pleaded.

"she said it perfectly clear that i'm not wanted here. i've already found somewhere else to go." esmeray told her.

"oh. you'll still come visit?" auriella asked, trying to stall esmeray.

"we'll see. look i gotta finish packing. i'll see you another day." esmeray shut her door, locking it, then went to finish packing.

"that was your roommate?" jack asked.

"yep. her name is auriella and sometimes she can be slightly annoying, but she's really a good friend." esmeray said to him.

after putting her things that were in the bathroom into her bag, she zipped it up and put it on her shoulder.

"i think im ready to go." esmeray sighed. she looked around the room one last time for anything she might've missed.

"wait. stay right here." esmeray put her bag down and went out to the kitchen. ever since she had moved into the apartment, she had been saving money in one spot for a vacation. a vacation for the girls when they finally graduated college. she had totally forgot about it..until now.

esmeray pulled out a big ziplock bag filled with many coins and dollars. she smiled to herself and brought it to her bedroom.

"what's that?" jack asked, standing up.

"i've been saving money since i moved in here. for a vacation. i totally forgot about it." esmeray put the bag into her big duffel bag and picked it up.

"now i'm ready to go." esmeray smiled. she grabbed one bag while jack grabbed the other, with his good arm.

they got an uber back to jack's apartment and were soon unpacking esmeray's clothes.

"you know, jt cleared me for the next game." jack said. he sat on the bed when they were done unpacking.

"really?" esmeray asked, raising an eyebrow.

"im not joking. i've been doing my physical therapy and been doing everything i can to help it." jack told her.

"you can even check." jack held out his arm for her to check. esmeray went over and started to push down gently on his shoulder and his shoulder blade. jack grimaced but put on a fake smile.

"see. just fine." jack gritted his teeth and looked at esmeray.

"you're still in pain, jack. i don't really think he cleared you." esmeray said.

"tell him im fine to play. you just checked." jack argued.

"and you were obviously in pain. im not going to clear you, or have them clear you if you're still hurting. you could damage your shoulder even more." esmeray told him.

jack was upset. he didn't like being injured and having to sit out for so long.

"you need to keep doing your therapy, and keep taking your medicine. if i see you pick up a stick, or even touch it, you're not playing." esmeray warned him.

"i dont like this side of you." jack pouted.

"i only want you to get better, as does the rest of the team." esmeray said, sitting down on the bed next to jack.

"trust me. i know what's best for your shoulder. if you keep doing what you're supposed to do, you'll be back in no time." esmeray smiled.

the two looked at each other, and before they knew it, there lips were on each other's, and esmerays hands were behind jack's neck.

"finally! are you two together now?" ty asked, looking at them from the hallway. esmeray looked over at her new roommate and glared.

"sorry. i'll leave you two." ty shut the door the wasnt closed before and esmeray looked back at jack.

"instead of doing physical therapy, could i do that therapy again?" he asked.

"shut up."