13

the game went good, devils winning 4-2, and now they were back at home for their game tomorrow.

there wasn't any practice when they got home, so esmeray went back to her apartment to get more work done.

she sat on the couch in her living room and pulled out her computer. she worked some more on her physiology work when willow sat down next to her.

"hey." willow said. esmeray looked over at her friend.

"hi."

"look i'm sorry about what happened with us before you left. i really shouldn't have said that cause i know that you really like him." willow apologized.

"it's okay. i know you didn't really mean it." esmeray chuckled.

"eh, i kinda did but jack seems different. id like to meet him sometime." willow smiled which made esmeray smiled.

"oh, id like to meet him too!" auriella yelled out to the two girls. they laughed and esmeray nodded her head.

"maybe when we make things official." esmeray said.

"you two really aren't together yet?" auriella asked.

"nope, but he did confess his feelings for me, and i kinda did the same." esmeray told her.

"shut up! no you didn't." auriella sat next to esmeray on the couch and smiled.

"tell me everything that happened when you were away." auriella said.

"well we went out for dinner the first night, thats when he confessed. i told him that i had gotten a job offer in anaheim and i told him i might take it." esmeray started.

"what?" willow shrieked.

"relax, i said no to the offer. he freaked out on me saying that i shouldn't go. i stormed out and we didn't talk the rest of the night. the next morning we talked things out in the elevator, now everything is good." esmeray smiled.

"wait he told you not to take it?" willow asked, clearly disgusted. "i can't stand men."

"he did, and i agree with him. i shouldn't take it. i love being with the devils." esmeray defended.

"but you would have gotten so much more money." willow argued.

"i don't care about the money, willow. im around people that i like. you know i'm starting to think you're sort of jealous of me for getting this job." esmeray scoffed.

"me. jealous? yeah right. i could care less about the job, i care more about the money. imagine what you could do with all that." willow said.

"as i just said, i don't care about the money." esmeray rolled her eyes and grabbed her laptop.

"if im not wanted then i'll just leave." esmeray said.

"you know that's a really good idea. my name is on the papers for this apartment, so i can kick you out." willow said.

"willow.." auriella whispered.

"no auri. ever since she's gotten the job she's been nothing but mean and she never helps out around here. she's always gone. why not go live with your little hockey boyfriend. you're such a puck bunny." willow yelled.

"you can't just kick me out! i pay rent too!" esmeray yelled back, furious with what willow was saying.

"guys-"

"shut up auri." willow and esmeray both said.

"i want you out of my apartment. i'll give you a couple of days, but i don't want to see you around here." willow said before going to her room.

"you know if you don't want me here either you can tell me. clearly im not wanted around here." esmeray said to auriella. she shut her bedroom door and slid down it.

esmeray quietly cried, hating that she was going to have to find somewhere else to live. she grabbed her phone and went to text jack.

esmeray started to type a message, but quickly deleted it. she started to type again and she finally sent it.

esmeray
can we meet up?

jack
you can come over to my apartment. why what's up?

esmeray
i really need to talk

jack
do you need me to come pick you up?

esmeray
no, i'll get an uber. can i really come over?

jack
of course. here's my address.

esmeray grabbed her bag and wiped her tears. she left her bedroom without saying goodbye to auriella who was still sitting in the living room.

she got an uber and made her way to jack's apartment. she knocked on the door and waited for jack to answer.

"hey-" jack started before esmeray started to cry. she wrapped her arms around his torso as his hands went to her back.

"what's wrong?" jack asked, bringing her inside. esmeray pulled away and wiped her tears.

"i got into a fight with my roommate." esmeray said. the two went back to jack's bedroom and esmeray sat down on his bed.

"how bad of a fight?" jack sat down next to her and grabbed her hands.

"bad enough that she's kicking me out." esmeray sniffled.

"what? she can't do that." jack scoffed.

"technically she can. my names not on the papers, i just give her money for rent." esmeray explained.

"have you found a place to stay?" jack asked.

"no." esmeray sighed and looked away from jack.

"but it's okay, i'll find...somewhere to go." esmeray assured. she looked at jack and smiled sadly. jack widen his eyes and parted his lips.

"i have like a super crazy idea." jack said. he got up from his bed and turned to face esmeray.

"what if you move in with us? of course i have to ask ty and all, but we all go to the same place, we all have the same schedule. wouldn't it be easier?" jack asked. esmeray furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"you sure? i mean, would it be a problem?" esmeray asked.

"it wont. you want to do this?" jack asked.

"if you want to do this."