15

liked by njdevils, tysmith_6, and 2,291 othersesmemills  goodbye nj, hello ca

esmemills  goodbye nj, hello ca

auriellavaux i miss you 😢

jackhughes you look so good 👍

user68 no one's going talk about jacks comment?

user91 i can't wait for her to leave :)

tomorrows game was against the ducks, and esmeray was a little nervous. she had just gotten a job offer for this team, and she had turned it down.

they got to their hotel, and esmeray laid in her bed. she closed her eyes, but opened them when she heard her phone ring.

jack
want to go get dinner? i have someone i want you to meet.

esmeray furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head like a dog. who was this person he wanted her to meet?

esmeray
sure, give me 15?

jack
see you then.

esmeray pulled out her nice clothes, figuring she would be going out. she fixed her hair, applied a little makeup, and was soon out of her hotel room. she got to the lobby and saw jack on his phone.

"well you look nicer than usual." esmeray smiled.

"what do you mean? i always look nice." jack laughed.

"whos this 'someone' you want me to meet?" esmeray asked as they walked out the hotel.

"a friend." jack said simply.

"a hockey friend? a high school friend? a childhood friend?" esmeray asked.

"you'll find out." jack smirked. esmeray followed jack around to the restaurant, eventually arriving.

jack went in, said his name, and soon were following the hostess back to their table. jack's friend wasn't there yet, and esmeray was getting impatient.

"will you at least tell me his name?" esmeray asked, putting down her menu.

"nope. you'll find out in just a couple minutes." jack said, not looking up at esmeray.

"just for-warning you, he doesn't shut up." jack mentioned.

"well that just hurts jacky." his friend said as he came up to the table. jack smiled, as well as his friend, and the two shared a big hug.

"and you must be the famous esmeray that jack has been telling me about." esmeray smiled and shook his hand.

"yep, and you are?" esmeray asked as the two sat down.

"trevor zegras."

"so, how do you two know each other?" esmeray asked after they ordered their food.

"we played on the national development team for the states. that's where we met." trevor explained.

"ohh, so you're like besties?" esmeray joked.

"don't ever say that again." jack said.

"jack has only told me your name and," trevor looked at jack who was giving him a stern look, "and some other non-important things, so tell me some things."

"well i work with the devils, and i really love hockey. i grew up in south jersey, right by the beach." esmeray said.

"you know how to skate?" trevor asked. esmeray's breath got caught in her throat and she nervously chuckled.

"a little." esmeray lied. trevor nodded his head and looked at jack.

"you've got a good girlfriend." he said.

"oh we're not together.." esmeray and jack both said together.

"not yet at least." jack mumbled under his breath, barely even audible to trevor. trevor smirked and looked at esmeray.

"you two would be a good couple. just saying." trevor smiled.